Hi, i just got my iphone yesterday, I've read lots about jailbreak, I know that is tethered.
    So I used Blackra1n, it went ok, but after the jailbreak my wifi wasn't working
    I tried the method to " reset network settings" but it doesn't work, the wifi says that is connected, but I don't get a valid IP or the symbol on the top left corner......
    anything else I should do?

I used Blackra1n RC3
    I have Windows Vista 7
    I used "win xp compatibility" to run Blackra1n

Thanks!
    12-31-2009 11:42 AM
    Try the j/b again - don't bother to run Blackra1n in compatibility mode. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and have no problem so it will run under anything.
    12-31-2009 11:59 AM
    The other thing is that you sound like you may have one of the iPhones (less than 7%) tht have the Apple WiFi bug with 3.1.2.

This is an Apple problem, not a jailbreak/blackra1n problem, my friend. And at the current time, there is no fix for it.

BUT THE GOOD NEWS - everything I described only applies to you ONLY IF your WiFi option in your settings is greyed out. Is that the case, or is it something else?
    12-31-2009 12:18 PM
    hey thanks for the reply, no it is not greyed out, I can select it and it shows as connected with the check mark, but is not actually connected
    Ill try the JB again when i get home, any other suggestions?

thanks!
    12-31-2009 12:33 PM
    I just did the JB again and my WiFi is not working, I'm getting the symbol "E" i guess that is EDGE, my ip is 169.254.114.63 and is not valid, if I log to my router my Iphone is not listed...

Help please
    12-31-2009 05:57 PM
    This happened to me as well. worked fine until I jb with blackra1n. now can't connect to any wifi networks, my mac works on wifi tho.
    01-01-2010 09:05 PM
    any ideas? downgrading the FW will help?
    thanks
    01-02-2010 03:08 PM
    SOLUTION: Just go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Your iPhone will reboot and your WiFi should work again!
    01-02-2010 04:25 PM
    Any other thoughts? This morning, out of the blue, I couldn't connect to my home network. It's worked fine for a week. I reset network settings...still nothing. I've reset the router, and my computer is still connected just fine.
    01-05-2010 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD