Wi Fi disabled after Jailbreak 3gs 3.1.2

Hyper-x

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi, i just got my iphone yesterday, I've read lots about jailbreak, I know that is tethered.
So I used Blackra1n, it went ok, but after the jailbreak my wifi wasn't working
I tried the method to " reset network settings" but it doesn't work, the wifi says that is connected, but I don't get a valid IP or the symbol on the top left corner......
anything else I should do?

I used Blackra1n RC3
I have Windows Vista 7
I used "win xp compatibility" to run Blackra1n

Thanks!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Try the j/b again - don't bother to run Blackra1n in compatibility mode. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and have no problem so it will run under anything.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The other thing is that you sound like you may have one of the iPhones (less than 7%) tht have the Apple Wi?Fi bug with 3.1.2.

This is an Apple problem, not a jailbreak/blackra1n problem, my friend. And at the current time, there is no fix for it.

BUT THE GOOD NEWS - everything I described only applies to you ONLY IF your Wi?Fi option in your settings is greyed out. Is that the case, or is it something else?

Hyper-x

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
hey thanks for the reply, no it is not greyed out, I can select it and it shows as connected with the check mark, but is not actually connected
Ill try the JB again when i get home, any other suggestions?

thanks!

Hyper-x

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I just did the JB again and my WiFi is not working, I'm getting the symbol "E" i guess that is EDGE, my ip is 169.254.114.63 and is not valid, if I log to my router my Iphone is not listed...

Help please

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me as well. worked fine until I jb with blackra1n. now can't connect to any wifi networks, my mac works on wifi tho.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
SOLUTION: Just go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Your iPhone will reboot and your WiFi should work again!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Any other thoughts? This morning, out of the blue, I couldn't connect to my home network. It's worked fine for a week. I reset network settings...still nothing. I've reset the router, and my computer is still connected just fine.