Just music

shaniac

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
After tons of reading I have learned I can jailbreak my phone for tons of apps I can unlock my phone for a different provider but all I really want is to get around the itunes music thing where I cant drop my music from different computers or other ipods.............to me this is the most important thing out there.

Do I have to blackrain my phone to do this? Is that tethering thing only on the 3GS phone? Mine is just a 3G.

When I go out to the country my friends phones work on other providers but mine dont, does blackrain do anything to help me there?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
No, you need iTunes for music, and you won't be able to just take other peoples music.

Tethering means that you can use your cell phone signal as Internet for your laptop. I don't know what this has to do with your original question...

And the reason that your frends can use their phones on other carriers is becase they have unlocked them. Unlocking is NOT jailbreaking. Jailbreaking is step 1. Unlocking is step 2. You cannot accomplih step 2 without completing step 1 first.

And this all works wonderfully on the 3G, that won't be an issue.

shaniac

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
thank you

The tethering thing I had read about was the need to re-blackrain the phone if it was shut down or the batt went dead.........Did I mis use the term?
My friends phones are not unlocked they just roam i guess is the right term and my iphone wont.

As far as the music thing goes I guess I am fooked by what you said.....I have a ipod touch and the iphone and I cant get the music from the ipod to switch over to my iphone. To me this is crap since I own them both and have leagly obtained the music.

Thank you for your reply!

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak with blackra1n and you can load music to your iPhone like you would yo any media device. There are several players for media in the jailbreak app store Cydia.

When you travel you just need to roam or get a local sim card to use.

shaniac

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanx again for the replies all thanx very much!
When you say theres a ton of music players to download does that mean the factory one wont work anymore?

I am on ATT for a provider and it seems tht when I loose ATT towers I loose service all together. Does anyone else have that issue? My iphone just dont roam. I know there are towers out in the country where I hunt cause other people get service but the iphone just goes into search and never comes out of it. Any hints or tricks from someone out there?

I have done a few searches and cant find a deffination of what SSH is. I see lots of post about some things but not what it is really.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73