Hello,

I have the iphone 2g and just downloaded blackra1n to it....The download completed, but now about 2 pages of my apps are gone including phone, email, safari, and contacts.....I have tried resyncing it with the computer, but to no avail....Could someone please help me? I'm desperate...thank you for your time..

~Heather
    12-28-2009 07:11 PM
    If all else fails I think you should be able to do a hard restart and reset your phone (there will be instructions somewhere online). Also, look around on the forums. A lot of people usually run into a few problems while jailbreaking. Goodluck!
    12-28-2009 07:16 PM
    But I don't want to have to resort to resetting it!!!
    12-28-2009 07:18 PM
    Unfortunately, hun, that may not be an option. If there's no other way to fix the issue, restoring it to factory settings and rejailbreaking it is the only way to go.
    12-28-2009 07:54 PM
    Okay, well if I restore to factory settings, then what will I lose? I have just backed everything up, but will I have to re-set up my email and will I lose all my pics??
    12-28-2009 07:59 PM
    You could always restore to factory settings through iTunes, then restore from a backup. Then rejailbreak. The entire process should take about 2 hours.
    12-28-2009 08:00 PM
    What? 2 Hours???!!
    12-28-2009 08:01 PM
    You're new to this, huh?
    12-28-2009 08:03 PM
    Yes....o.O....Why will it take so long?
    12-28-2009 08:04 PM
    Did you expect a 2 min process? I would recommend you to set your iPhone up as new, when you restore. Contacts, pictures, apps, notes and so on can be synced with your computer. And after the restore you just resync it all back
    12-28-2009 08:04 PM
    Well....yes!! Okay so how long will the whole 'restoring' thing take?
    12-28-2009 08:07 PM
    Two hours = if you want to restore from a backup. if you just restore to factory settings and set it up as a new iPhone, it will take less than 15 minutes. but you will lose your conTacts, notes, SMS messages, system settings, program settings, game saves, etc. BUT, it's quicker. It's a trade off. It always is.
    12-28-2009 08:08 PM
    Plus, you'll have to resunc your music and videos as well as contacts and photos, but your notes anD settings will be lost.
    12-28-2009 08:09 PM
    About 10 mins. Just make sure you've synced everything. You can sync contacts and notes with outlook.
    12-28-2009 08:10 PM
    Well okay, how do I restore from backup? And what if I backed it up like after the apps had dissappeared?
    12-28-2009 08:10 PM
    Then in that cas I'd recommend that you set it up a a new iPhone and re-sync everything, just to be safe.

Here's the tutorial.

JAILBREAK/UNLOCK IPHONE 2G

Don't download any firmwares from any sites. There's no need to even use PwnageTool right now either. Connect your 2G to iTunes. (Hopefully, you're running the newest version of iTunes) When it asks you if you want to update your iPhone, SAY YES. This will erase any an all jailbreak and unlocks previously there. DON'T PANIC.

Download and install the official firmware, 3.1.2 from iTunes.

Go to blackra1n.com and download blackra1n.

Now, after you restore from iTunes, when everything s about 98% done, it will ask you to insert the SIM card that came with your phone from AT&T. If you have AT&T, great. If you don't, a/k/a T-Mobile, INSERT THAT SIM CARD, and then follow these instructions.

Open up blackra1n, and then click "Make it rain" and jailbreak your phone. This will also 'hacktivate' your phone with your alternate SIM card. (Note: follow directions at the end of this post to fix Push Notifications, YouTube and WiFi for hacktivated iPhones)

YOU MAY NEED TO ATTEMPT THIS MULTIPLE TIMES FOR IT TO WORK CORRECTLY. Sometimes there are minor errors. Let it do it's thing.

Once blackra1n.app is installed, choose to install Cydia from the blackra1n.app on your springboard (iPhone homescreen). Once again, make sure it that you connect to WiFi first. It will be the only way you can install Cydia/Rock if you're not on AT&T.

After installing it, Cydia will ask you questions, and to update. Select "Graphical User", and "Update All". Let it restart and reboot. Once it does it's thing...

In Cydia, search for the app BootNeuter and install the app. Open BootNeuter and make sure the settings match are exactly as follows:

Version: 4.6
    Neuter: On
    Faceblank: Off
    Baseband: Unlock

Then tap "Flash" in the upper right corner to unlock.

Reboot your iPhone. Insert SIM card of your choice. Reboot your iPhone.

-OPTIONAL-
    If you have data or MMS problems (you can install "Native MMS 2G" from Cydia), you may want to google or wikipedia "iPhone APN Settings" to find a way to fix those issues. However, if the plan for the SIM card you've inserted does not include data, then your Internet/e-Mail/maps/gps etc won't work. You will have to add data/MMS to that SIM cards plan for them to officially work.

Voil. You're updated, jailbroken, and unlocked on the newest OS.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    For some, the new blackra1n jailbreak was causing problems with Wi-Fi, YouTube, and Push Notifications. Here is a quick guide on how to fix these problems.

WiFi
    1. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, then click "OK"
    2. Reboot your iPhone, when it comes back on WiFi should be fixed, but next time you reboot you have to do this again.

YouTube and Push Notifications for "hacktivated" iPhones.

1. Go to Cydia
    2. Tap Manage at the bottom
    3. Tap Sources
    4. Tap edit in the right hand corner
    5. Tap add.
    6. Type cydia.iphoneil.net
    7. Tap done
    8. Search for "PushFix" and tap on the first result
    9. Install then confirm
    10. Reboot your iPhone.
    12-28-2009 08:12 PM
    Wait so I have to download blackra1n again just to restore to back up?
    12-28-2009 08:13 PM
    Oh, should I reset to factory settings, then sync it?
    12-28-2009 08:16 PM
    Go to iTunes, and click on the "Restore" button in the "Summary" tab. It will download and upgrade your operating system.

Let it do it's thing. Don't disconnect the phone from the CPU during the process.

After it's done, it will ask you if you want to set it up as a new iPhone or if you want to restore from a backup. Select "Set up as new iPhone". Once that's done, run the blackra1n process and jailbreak your phone. See if everything works correctly. Make sure none of your system apps disappear. THEN, connect to iTunes and re-sync all of your music, movies, notes, contacts, etc. That should take a little while, but it's worth it. And you'll be properly jailbroken.
    12-28-2009 08:23 PM
    Okay well I just right clicked on my device on the left side bar, and clicked 'restore from backup'....Its doing so right now.....I'm not planning on doing any more jailbreaking anymore!!
    12-28-2009 08:26 PM
    Okay well I just restored the whole thing to backup and I got the same thing again...So should I restore to factory settings now?
    12-28-2009 08:29 PM
    I guess you're not a fan of reading.

Some logic: You backed up your iPhone AFTER you lost the icons.

Then you restore your phone.

And restore FROM THE SCREWED UP BACKUP B

Hmm...

Starting to make any sense?
    12-28-2009 08:44 PM
    Oh...well...I had it restoring as soon as I found out the apps were gone...but...hm............okay yeah I'm a complete *****. Sorry....at least I'm trying to learn about it now though? ..................And this 'restore to factory settings' thing is taking longer than 10 minutes.....o.O
    Last edited by sunshineONme3; 12-28-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    12-28-2009 08:47 PM
    And this is why I don't jailbreak!
    12-29-2009 01:53 AM
    The thing is, you're not a complete *****, but don't ask for help when a) you're not prepared to spend the time it takes to fix these issues. The old rule "never expect ti sit in frot of a computer for 15 minutes to troubleshoot" applies... And b) Why bother asking for help if you're going to ignore the answers and do what you want anyway?

I'm not complaining at all, but if I'm telling you how to fix something from point a to b, it may seem like a long time to you, but it IS the fastest method.

Restoring your phone as new is the faster way to remove ANY major problem. That restore should literally take less than 15 minutes, and it will erase any "damage" done to the phone. These things are extremely hard to actually brick.

Now, please just try to follow the small tutorial that I posted before, step by step. Just at the end of it, since you're setting up the phone as new, you'll have to re-sync your stuff back onto your iPhone. That's it.

There's no mystery hun.

And I apologize if I offended you, my prior comments may have been a bit harsh. All apologies.
    12-29-2009 07:45 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD