Please need help unlocking iphone for T-mobile!

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I just recently bought an 8gb iphone 3g off ebay. The phone was used by someone who had at&t. The phone was jailbroken using blackra1n though. So i recieved the phone and disabled 3g and unlocked the phone using blackra1n but when i put in my sim card it just says searching for a very long time then just gives me 5 little like square dots where the service towers should be. I have no clue what to do. It is runing at 3.1.2 and 5.11.07.
I think this is a wonderful program and as soon as i get this runing i would love to make a donation for all the money it will save me from not using at&t.
thank you

Edit: also i just have a regular t-mobile plan. but i should still be able to make calls without a smart phone plan shouldn't i? if that is the problem please let me know

Last edited:

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
since its already JBen using blackra1n...make sure u have a wi-fi connection enabled and open the blackra1n app on your SB. Then click where it says, blacksn0w, and run it...u should then be unlocked...hope this helps!

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak it again with Blackra1n and when you get the blackra1n app installed there will be three things to install. Check them all and it should unlock your iPhone to use on any network.

gsmhacker

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
i have iphone 3gs 32gb 3.1.2 same problem

hello guys,
i brought this iphone 3gs 32gb over ebay,
the person who sold i using att until last day,

now i got the phone i restored to 3.1.2 it using latest itunes version
then i inserted my tmobile sim in iphone
and i used blackra1n for jailbreak my iphone, after JB everything is done i got black1rn icon on springborad and my wifi fine, so i installed cydia and snow, after all this i restated my device, i have also install afc2add via cydia

and now my iphone 3gs keep on searching for long time but no signal and at last no service, i put the same sim into my iphone 3g unlocked via same process is working fine but 3gs is not pls help thanks in advance

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
hello guys,
i brought this iphone 3gs 32gb over ebay,
the person who sold i using att until last day,

now i got the phone i restored to 3.1.2 it using latest itunes version
then i inserted my tmobile sim in iphone
and i used blackra1n for jailbreak my iphone, after JB everything is done i got black1rn icon on springborad and my wifi fine, so i installed cydia and snow, after all this i restated my device, i have also install afc2add via cydia

and now my iphone 3gs keep on searching for long time but no signal and at last no service, i put the same sim into my iphone 3g unlocked via same process is working fine but 3gs is not pls help thanks in advance

you didn't say if you unlocked it too after jailbreaking. did you read the entire thread?

gsmhacker

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
i did unlock guys, i did installed cydia and snow and restarted my iphone, iphone run without any problem i mean wifi and ipod function just the network is not coming, it keeps on searching n searching n then no service

the one thing i dont understand that i did this process on a iphone 3g and my 3g is unlocked and working fine with tmobile, but this new 3gs is nto working with same process help guys i didnt sleep from last 1 and half day beca i want this unlock thanks

Last edited:

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah guys i did unlock. It will either search all day or give me five blocks.. I think it is a sim card failure because i got it to work slightly with my dad's phone. If anyone knows anything else let me know. I will update back when i get it working

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
well i wiped my phone and i am trying to install cydia and snow but snow just says post install log for snow.... and it is just sitting here.. how long should it take?

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Someone told me that having an at&t sim card in my phone my help with this unlocking error.. Does anyone know if this is true for sure?

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Well.. i called t-mobile customer support and i am connecting to the tower but yet it is either searching for service or no service. Blacksn0w is just not working. It will show i have a new voicemail even when i do not have it. Can someone please help? im considering downgrading from 3.1.2 to 3.0 and use a different jailbreak and unlock software.. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
JAILBREAK/UNLOCK IPHONE 3G

Don't download any firmwares from any sites. There's no need to even use PwnageTool right now either. Connect your 3G to iTunes. (Hopefully, you're running the newest version of iTunes) When it asks you if you want to update your iPhone, SAY YES. This will erase any an all jailbreak and unlocks previously there. DON'T PANIC.

Download and install the official firmware, 3.1.2 from iTunes.

Go to blackra1n.com and download blackra1n.

Now, after you restore from iTunes, when everything is about 98% done, it will ask you to insert the SIM card that came with your phone from AT&T. If you have AT&T, great. If you don't, a/k/a T-Mobile, INSERT THAT SIM CARD, and then follow these instructions.

Open up blackra1n on your PC, and then click "Make it rain" and jailbreak your phone. This will also 'hacktivate' your phone with your alternate SIM card. (Note: follow directions at the end of this post to fix Push Notifications, YouTube and Wi?Fi for hacktivated iPhones)

YOU MAY NEED TO ATTEMPT THIS MULTIPLE TIMES FOR IT TO WORK CORRECTLY. Sometimes there are minor errors. Let it do it's thing. It is okay and even somewhat expected.

Once blackra1n.app is installed to your springboard (a/k/a iPhone home screen), choose to install "sn0w"( a/k/a blacksn0w) from your iPhone. Once again, make sure it that you connect to Wi?Fi first. It will be the only way you can install Cydia/Rock if you're not on AT&T.

1) Open up the "blackra1n.app" on your iPhone.
2) Tap on "sn0w" until a green check mark appears next to it.
3) Tap "install".
4) Watch for the splash screen telling you that it was successful.
5) Turn your iPhone off.
6) Insert your SIM card.
7) Turn the iPhone back on.

After installing sn0w, install Cydia.

1) Open up the "blackra1n.app" on your iPhone.
2) Tap on "Cydia" until a green check mark appears next to it.
3) Tap "install".

Cydia will ask you questions, and to update. Select "Graphical User", and "Update All". Let it restart and reboot. Once it does it's thing...

-OPTIONAL-
If you have data or MMS problems with ANY carrier, you may want to google or wikipedia "iPhone APN Settings" to find a way to fix those issues. However, if the plan for the cell carrier SIM card you've inserted does not include data, then your Internet/e-Mail/maps/gps etc won't work. You will have to add data/MMS to that SIM cards plan for them to officially work.

Voil?. You're updated, jailbroken, and unlocked on the newest OS.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
For some, the new blackra1n HACKTIVATED jailbreak was causing problems with Wi-Fi, YouTube, and Push Notifications. Here is a quick guide on how to fix these problems.

Wi?Fi
1. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, then click "OK"
2. Reboot your iPhone, when it comes back on Wi?Fi should be fixed, but next time you reboot you have to do this again.

YouTube and Push Notifications for "hacktivated" iPhones.

1. Go to Cydia
2. Tap Manage at the bottom
3. Tap Sources
4. Tap edit in the right hand corner
5. Tap add.
6. Type cydia.iphoneil.net
7. Tap done
8. Search for "PushFix" and tap on the first result
9. Install then confirm
10. Reboot your iPhone.

gsmhacker

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
hey branew, in my case snow took few mili second to download then post install warning and i tab close then its done in like 5 to 10 sec thas all wish u luck this time

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
alright lvcifer thank you so much..
my only question is i dont have an at&t sim card
so i will put my t-mobile sim card in but then after i hactivate it.. do i take it back out? our should i just leave it in? because later it says turn off and put sim card in. And when should i disable 3g? before i run sn0w?

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
hey guys i have windows 7. Should i try running it on xp?
edit: well... still not working. I have no clue whats going on. Ive tried restoring the phone. It is at the latest os firmware official 3.1.2. I have tried this process over and over again trying different things and everything. Is there another way to do it without blackra1n or will their be an update for blackra1n? Then again could there be a problem with the iphone itself and a way to check?

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I believe the T-Mobile SIM card should be inserted while you're installing the OS. Then when it tells you to activate, that's when you run blackra1n. At least that's how I understand it.

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Alright let me tell yall what i have done.
I downgraded my modem firmware down to 4.26.08 using fuzzyband. Then i could connect to t-mobile.
Here's the odd thing. I cant make calls. They will drop 20 seconds into the call. Which is extremely wierd.
And i can only send text half of the time.
Any advice for solving this problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen