Awesome new Task Manager - Can close app too!

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
@John it's waaaaay better than Multifl0w which is clunky & unstable. same premise, but works much better.

Kirikae is a list of running apps, Proswitcher is a more visual interaction w/ cards like the palm pre, you could easily see it in the video in the initial post.

Danazman

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I've been messing with this all day... nothing better to do... lol!!! The only thing that bugs me on this is I can't keep the phone app off proswitcher... even blacklisting doesn't seem to help... any ideas?

Thanks

PS... very stable from what I see so far....

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I love this app! It's so smooth and seems to be working perfectly. I also love how it will background the currently open app just by launching proswitcher without having to hold down the home button. I currently have it set to launch with home button double click and swipe down on the status bar.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I installed this app for two minutes. Uninstalled it right away. I put it in a category and it wiped out the whole CategorySB. I had to reorganize my Category and put all the apps back in. Might be a glitch with CategorySB but I won't try it again till it comes out of beta.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I've been messing with this all day... nothing better to do... lol!!! The only thing that bugs me on this is I can't keep the phone app off proswitcher... even blacklisting doesn't seem to help... any ideas?

Thanks

PS... very stable from what I see so far....

In settings, set show default apps to "off".

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out the use for this. You have to activate it by pushing something or swiping something, and then swiping through the list of open apps, and then click on it. Isn't that the same exact steps you would go through to actually open a normal app? Just sayin...

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
was looking for an alternative to multifl0w free alternative i should say... ill check this out!

Can't figure out how to install it... maybe someone can help me out. I'm nub

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Not unless all the apps you've got are on the same page.

Yeah, but if you have 7 open apps on ProSwitcher, you still have to swipe 7 up to 7 times to get to the last one, which is about the same number of swipes if you didn't have this app installed.

I'm beginning to think everyone is caught up in the multitasking hype to realize that this is just plain stupid.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
was looking for an alternative to multifl0w free alternative i should say... ill check this out!

Can't figure out how to install it... maybe someone can help me out. I'm nub

drian go into cydia, then manage then sources then edit, then add and add the source : [/url]http://booleanmagic.com/repo[/url] (minus the [/url])after you've added & saved it, you can search for ProSwitcher, and install.

Just a note you should also have backgrounder installed.
Settings are under the stock settings area for the iPhone, and you can configure it as you want.

Last edited:

Danazman

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but if you have 7 open apps on ProSwitcher, you still have to swipe 7 up to 7 times to get to the last one, which is about the same number of swipes if you didn't have this app installed.

I'm beginning to think everyone is caught up in the multitasking hype to realize that this is just plain stupid.

One of the benefits I can see is load time.... some apps take a while to load. If I load the app, then enable it for proswitcher.... its right there ready to use...so in my simple thinking...takes less time to swipe a few pages than to wait for an app to load. Just my two cents worth...

Don't get me wrong.... if you have 7 pages...um.... uh.....find something else to occupy your time? :D (J/K)

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
drian go into cydia, then manage then sources then edit, then add and add the source : Index of /repo
after you've added & saved it, you can search for ProSwitcher, and install.

Just a note you should also have backgrounder installed.
Settings are under the stock settings area for the iPhone, and you can configure it as you want.

oh ok...

i just type it in just like that? or am i missing something? do i type whats in the link into the add sources, or do i type it word for word as you typed it? or do i need to click that or copy and paste it or what?

I tried a couple things and couldn't locate the source or whatever it said, so I think I'm missing a step, or not typing the exact right thing into the add sources box.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Ok so aside from the builtin iPhone apps. What apps are you folks using with Backgrounder and ProSwitcher? I'm trying understand how others are using it. As of right now the only reason I use Backgrounder is for apps like Pandora and when I'm done using Pandora I disable Backgrounder. Also multitasking uses memory right, but what about battery (more than usual)? I'm not knocking either product they both are very cool.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
One of the benefits I can see is load time.... some apps take a while to load. If I load the app, then enable it for proswitcher.... its right there ready to use...so in my simple thinking...takes less time to swipe a few pages than to wait for an app to load. Just my two cents worth...

Don't get me wrong.... if you have 7 pages...um.... uh.....find something else to occupy your time? :D (J/K)

This makes sense in a way, but the apps aren't running in the background. I put SimplyTweet on the ProSwitcher list for an hour and it didn't run. I had to open it and refresh it, so in a way the same amount of time has gone by to actually use the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen