I tried it,tried it again, tried it again and again. This app just doesn't do it for me. I can hit the home button, pinch the screen for overboard, select my screen,and select my app..DONE IN 4 steps. It doesn't make sense to open proSwitcher and flip 11 screens over just to use a app. It looks good and works smooth, but I'm just not feeling this one. I'll keep playing around just in case I'm missing something.
    12-21-2009 06:50 PM
    I personally love this app but I can see how others don't see the use for it. If the iPhone kept all open apps running in the background natively instead of having to hold the Home key down to turn on backgrounder, this would be an even more powerful and necessary app.

Keep in mind this app is still in beta. Maybe the idiots at Apple will take notice and implement some of these ideas in the next iPhone OS........I'm not holding my breath on that last comment.
    12-21-2009 08:02 PM
    Based on what I have been reading, I don't think people really appreciate or even understand the usefullness of this app. It is not a
    matter of scrolling thru app pages or using overboard (which I also
    use). Proswitcher is a task manager and since most arent
    used to running multiple apps at once aside from the standard apps, I think that the benefits of having a true task manager has become lost becuase of the native
    functionality of the iPhone. However
    once you jailbreak and run apps like aol radio, pandora, MLB 2009, etc and you have a ton of app pages, killing apps quickly is a great
    convienience.

I don't know, maybe it's my 8 years of
    using Windows Mobile and having the ability to term
    apps quickly that I am a bit more appreciative of the combo of backgrounder and proswitcher.
    12-21-2009 10:52 PM
    I agree. Very cool program. My wife has the palm pixi and I always liked the card view. Anyone else having problems with certain programs not showing up??
    12-22-2009 09:13 AM
    I agree. Very cool program. My wife has the palm pixi and I always liked the card view. Anyone else having problems with certain programs not showing up??
    BeeJiveIM seems to disappear at random. Not sure if the program is crashing or if it's a bug in ProSwitcher.
    12-22-2009 08:25 PM
    I love this app , the only issue I have is that backgrounder isnt the best at keeping apps open
    12-23-2009 09:39 AM
    Proswitcher has just been updated in Cydia. Now apps shown in card mode can have badges. For example, if your Mail app is running in the background and you receive new mail, when you fire up ProSwitcher youll see the number of new emails at the top right of the apps card.
    12-23-2009 10:37 AM
    this update appears to have fixed my issues with cards not appearing! fingers crossed! great program, I would gladly pay a few bucks for this.
    12-23-2009 12:58 PM
    this update appears to have fixed my issues with cards not appearing! fingers crossed! great program, I would gladly pay a few bucks for this.
    12-23-2009 01:07 PM
    OKAYYY NOW I'M COOKING WITH GREASE!!!!!! Once I went in an fine-tuned some settings between proswitcher and backgrounder, I can now see why everyone loves this app. Please forgive me I graduated school 2 days late...so it takes me a couple of days before it kicks in(ha ha).
    12-23-2009 03:00 PM
    i have to check this out when i get home
    12-23-2009 03:59 PM
    OKAYYY NOW I'M COOKING WITH GREASE!!!!!! Once I went in an fine-tuned some settings between proswitcher and backgrounder, I can now see why everyone loves this app. Please forgive me I graduated school 2 days late...so it takes me a couple of days before it kicks in(ha ha).
    That's ok. It's all about seeing the value and if it works for you so much the better. Glad to see it is of value to you!
    12-23-2009 04:20 PM
    I ended up Uninstalling it because it did nothing for me, I had about 6 apps in the backround and everytime i went to view in proswitcher it said "No apps running" Reinstalled a couple times, same issue. I don't even have that many that i would really want there so it's not a huge loss.
    12-24-2009 04:39 PM
    Just installed it, so far so good!! Question, is there suppose to be an app or is it just under settings? I ask because in the screen shots it shows an app but they may have been the beta version only. Also to background the apps in proswitcher use backgrounder first then they will show in proswitcher, correct? There is no way to background them in proswitcher itself? Thanks.
    12-27-2009 10:39 AM
    I finally installed Backgrounder and Proswitcher and have to say it's pretty amazing on the 3GS. I have WunderRadio streaming in the background, and quick switching between Mail and Tweetie2.

All the Pre owners who tout their multitasking cards must be a little crestfallen when they see this

I love the configuration options so I can keep it from running into Overboard and other apps.
    12-27-2009 03:32 PM
    Anybody know if there is a way to reorder the cards?
    12-27-2009 05:11 PM
    Just installed it, so far so good!! Question, is there suppose to be an app or is it just under settings? I ask because in the screen shots it shows an app but they may have been the beta version only. Also to background the apps in proswitcher use backgrounder first then they will show in proswitcher, correct? There is no way to background them in proswitcher itself? Thanks.

It's under settings but the app will appear when u restart ur phone however clicking that will just open the task manager itself not the settings Hope that helps
    12-27-2009 05:28 PM
    There is still no app. But there may not suppose to be since it's under settings
    12-27-2009 05:34 PM
    There is still no app. But there may not suppose to be since it's under settings

Odd I have the icon visible on mine.
    12-27-2009 05:55 PM
    Yes that's odd, but doesn't matter. This app kicks a** though.
    12-27-2009 06:12 PM
    Yes that's odd, but doesn't matter. This app kicks a** though.
    Yes the icon is useless just pick ur activation method and ur set
    12-27-2009 06:17 PM
    I've been using this for a few days now and I love it. Apple knows that the 3GS can
    handle multi-tasking and I'm positive that the only reason they haven't implemented
    multi-tasking of 3rd party apps on any of their software is because the software is
    also for the two models that came before the 3GS. I definetly see this in 4.0
    12-27-2009 08:28 PM
    I'm really liking it so far. Pretty stable.
    12-27-2009 09:06 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD