Need to rejailbreak - but have questions...

robb

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Right now I have a 3Gs, its an older model bought the day they came out. Its currently jailbroken using blackrain, but still on version 3.0. I want to update my phone to the latest version and jailbreak again.

My questions:

- What becomes of the apps I got off cydia that I payed for?? How do I get those again with out paying a 2nd time??

- is blackrain still the easiest solution to a jailbreak? I dont follow this stuff to closely and im kinda out of the loop with the latest and greatest.

- Right now my phone tethers and I want to keep that, what do I need to do special for that?

Thank you!

Greenchunks

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Right now I have a 3Gs, its an older model bought the day they came out. Its currently jailbroken using blackrain, but still on version 3.0. I want to update my phone to the latest version and jailbreak again.

My questions:

- What becomes of the apps I got off cydia that I payed for?? How do I get those again with out paying a 2nd time??

- is blackrain still the easiest solution to a jailbreak? I dont follow this stuff to closely and im kinda out of the loop with the latest and greatest.

- Right now my phone tethers and I want to keep that, what do I need to do special for that?

Thank you!

1. You can back up your apps using a number of programs, aptbackup I think is a very commonly used one. Also, I believe that rock will backup your apps as well. (It should recognize those apps you have even if they were gotten via Cydia and still back them up fine, can someone else confirm this?)
2. Yes, I believe blackra1n is the easiest. I used it the first time I jailbroke my phone and it was very simple. I had only owned the phone for under a week and it was my first iPhone. Took virtually no knowledge of anything.
3. By tethers you mean you use it to share your 3G connection to a laptop? PDAnet will still work to do that just fine, and there are other tethering apps that will do that as well even on 3.1.2

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
1. You can back up your apps using a number of programs, aptbackup I think is a very commonly used one. Also, I believe that rock will backup your apps as well. (It should recognize those apps you have even if they were gotten via Cydia and still back them up fine, can someone else confirm this?)

2. Yes, I believe blackra1n is the easiest. I used it the first time I jailbroke my phone and it was very simple. I had only owned the phone for under a week and it was my first iPhone. Took virtually no knowledge of anything.

3. By tethers you mean you use it to share your 3G connection to a laptop? PDAnet will still work to do that just fine, and there are other tethering apps that will do that as well even on 3.1.2

1. Cydia should recognize the phone and know that you purchased those apps and let you re-download them at no additional cost just like the official App Store.

2. Blackra1n is easy like Sunday morning

3. With OS 3.0 you could enable tethering through a hack and not need something like PDANet, with 3.1 that changed, but I believe PDANet still works fine, but the hack to enable tethering as if it were supported by AT&T does not work.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I'd recommend MyWi for tethering. I love it because it lets you share your connection with other devices via wifi so you can have iPod Touches, phones, laptops, and whatever else that can connect to wifi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods