Push notifcations not working jailbroken 3gs (not unlocked)

tylerw411

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Wondering if you bright minds out there can help me with this. Every search I do around push notifications not working is dealing with hacktivated or unlocked phones, of which mine isn't.

History:
*Jailbroke brand new 3gs 3.0 with redsn0w.
*Immediately noticed my text plus notifications were not being pushed. Only noticed new texts when I opened the app. Badges stopped working, too.
*Searched Cydia and found PushFix
*Mistakenly installed it. I think this has contributed to my current problem.
*Installed other apps in which Push Notifications didn't work (Ping!, Foursquare, Loopt, etc)
*Push Gmail, Contacts, and Calendar works flawlessly and still does
*Realized PushFix was probably causing my issues with Ping! and other apps so I backed out the change.
*Still didn't help.
*Restored. Actually upgraded to 3.1.2 and did a fresh jailbreak
*Reinstalled the apps...
*Push notifications still not working

Sorry for the long rant but I'm just stumped. Is this due to the unneeded PushFix I installed? Has it caused Apple to have my wrong UCID or ECID or whatever it's called mapped to my phone? Or... are apps confused on their end. I really don't know the technical guts of Push so I'm just guessing.

I do have all my notifications set to "on" as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tyler

cydia apps installed: terminal, udidfaker, voiceover3g, winderboard, togglessh, backgrounder

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I've found the following the best solution for push with the 3GS and jailbreaking ( when you don't need to be unlocked ):

- restore as a new phone
- install an app that supports push
- set your push settings
- get a push notification
- jailbreak
- test push
- should be good to go now

I have noticed that push such as BeejiveIM is flaky from time to time and the push will just drop off the face of the earth for a while.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i thought there was word earlier in the year that jailbroken phones were having issues receiving push notifications. you might try searching the blogs here, i'm pretty sure i remember reading something to that effect.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, here's what I noticed with BeeJive -

If you close out the application with a chat currently open, for example, the last window that was open was your IM chat #3, the badges will only show up if you get messages from chats#1 & 2. if chat #3 IMs you 55 times, because that was the last window open, the badge will QUICKLY FLASH every time you get a message, but it will dissappear quickly.

If you back out of the chat, so that you're not viewing a particular chat - for example, you close out while in the window that shows the list of all current chats - and an IM comes in from ANY chat, all of the badges will stay.

You guys following me? (I know it's retarded, but this is what happens to me every single time.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods