Are u all satisfied with ur jailbreak apps or would u rather go back the standard?
    12-12-2009 03:46 PM
    I only jb so I can change themes and tweak the interface a bit. I was happy w/ the standard,but I do like playing round w/ the theming.
    12-12-2009 04:16 PM
    i refuse to go back to standard.
    that's why the new OS, when available, scares me a bit.
    12-12-2009 05:08 PM
    I'm content with my Jailbroken iphone, but I still like having the freedom to use the app store if I so choose.
    12-12-2009 07:47 PM
    personally, i LOVE being JB. and have had no problems since i successfully completed the process.

but after reading the posts about difficulties for SO MANY people who are trying to JB, i'm starting to think people really aren't ready to try. if you don't know how to follow instructions and you don't have patience, and you know nothing about modifying ANY device, then you have no business trying to JB. it can be frustrating and you need to be ready to do some restores. just doesn't work perfectly the 1st time for everyone (me included).

but there are just SO MANY posts here on TiPb lately i don't think people are reading the instructions provided. do your homework and determine if it's really worth it to you. read the threads here on TiPb. search the forum for answers. then AND ONLY THEN, if you're ready, go forth and JB, my friends.
    12-13-2009 10:28 AM
    but there are just SO MANY posts here on TiPb lately i don't think people are reading the instructions provided. do your homework and determine if it's really worth it to you. read the threads here on TiPb. search the forum for answers. then AND ONLY THEN, if you're ready, go forth and JB, my friends.
    <3

I love having one of my phones jb'd and the other stock. That way i can look at how terrible stock is, and then smile at my customized theme, sounds and applications. One of the reasons I jailbroke in the first place was to check out the system files on an iPhone, since you cannot do it otherwise..

i got the stock one for a friend, who passed away. so now im stuck with 2, only one has service, and thats mine. the other one is for spare parts(screens, which I just learned how to replace recently...) and if need be ill jb and fkxz with it instead of the one I use.
    12-13-2009 02:55 PM
    I am satisfied with my jailbroken apps. I mostly use it for customization purposes. Although if I had sbsettings and winterboard I wouldn't mind going back to stock. Winterboard to make my iphone pretty and well sbsettings is so handy for switching on and off the wifi which I do daily.
    12-13-2009 08:02 PM
    Well like 60% of what I do requires JB. I couldnt live without quickreply and growl.
    12-13-2009 09:51 PM
    LOVE JB! between Winterboard, BossPaper, SBSettings, Backgrounder and Kirikae the phone is so much more usable than stock. I do still miss the control and access that the Blackberry's provide, but the advantages of the JB iphone far outweigh the negatives (even though I just read that the new BBM allows file transfer up to 6GB!!!)

I just wish that apple would give us the control and options like on the BB's. When I receive an email attachment I want to be able to "save as", "open" etc.
    12-13-2009 10:21 PM
    Well like 60% of what I do requires JB. I couldnt live without quickreply and growl.
    Quick Reply is my favorite app too, and frankly its how the iPhone should handle texts while in app. Quick Reply shouldve been smething Apple included from the start IMO. Also I love MyWi, love the tethering. I use it lightly but its great when I am in Vegas. Cool little tweaks too, love MIM. Always changing my banner or carrier. I love Intelliscreen, witht the lockscreen info and notifiers up top, it cant be beat. JB is just the way to go. On 3.1.2 I used Blackra1n. Couldnt have been simpler after 1 restore.
    12-15-2009 01:13 AM
    I am still getting to grips with the jailbroken apps, i have to say i'm still something of a novice to the whole JB scene, but i'm sure if i have any problems, there will always be someone on hand here to help me. as for apps, well winterboard for one and ibluetooth (if i can get the damn think to work!!!!). Although standard app store is always being looked at. Only really JB'd so that I could change themes.
    12-15-2009 06:19 AM
    I'm quite happy with my JB phone. As others have said, so many of the apps are things that Apple really should have done in the first place, LockInfo/Intelliscreen, quickreply, notifier, winterboard. I completely understand the SSH thing, and the tethering stuff is a result of the carriers mostly since verizon and ATT want to charge you another 30$/month to tether when you already pa 30$/month for 'unlimited' (5GB) data. Also the background apps, while annoying, I understand Apple's logic too, the general public is too stupid to be given that power. But it's nice that I have the ability to do that should I feel so inclined.
    12-15-2009 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD