Jailbreaking bricked my phone totally dead now

AquaRelliux

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello

I just recived a new iPhone from repair and ofc I wanted to jailbreak it. The phone came with the newest firmware 3.1.2. I tried to jailbreak it on my own computer with blackra1n but when I did so the program hanged and the phone got stuck in recovery mode.

I eventually got it to work on my computer after a phone attpemts but everytime the phone rebooted it got entered recovery mode and I had to use blackra1n to make it boot up.

I went to my friends house yesterday and tried to jailbreak it on his computer with blackra1n. It seemed to work there but uppon reboot the phone never rebooted and the screen went black I mean black as not even a single sign of life. The backlight was not even on.

I tried to boot the phone on the power button but nothing happend at all. Then I tried to hold down the homebutton and the powerbutton at the same time to reset it and put it in recovery but nothing happend still no sign of life at all. Then I tried to plugg it in to the charger and see if that helped but still same result. Also tried to plugg it in to the computer but still same result. I tried also to hold the homebutton and powerbutton when it was plueed in to the computer and the charger but still nothing happend at all.

I returned the phone and it is now on its way to a company called Anvo that does the iPhone reparis/replaces in Sweden. They arent allowed by Apple to open the phone they only do diagonstics on the device and if they determine it goes under warrenty they replace it and send the broken device to Apple for repair.

They thing I wonder now since the Phone was jailbroken when I sent it it that obviously will void the warrenty if they can notice it. I would ofc had reset the phone if I could before I sent it in but I couldent even boot it so that would be impossible.

Do u guys think that they can see it is jailbroken in anyway?. Or will they just gladly replace it under warrenty. I am worried about this I dont want to buy a new phone. But since it could not boot it must have been a hardware failure or am I wrong?. Imo even if the software is still broken totally it should atleast boot up?

All answers are welcome

//Aqua

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Well you have 2 options. Either a non-working iphone or a working iphone after warrenty. I would personally send it in if you cant fix it yourslef.

I would try this plug it in to your computer. If the screen does turn on but black I would try to hold down power and home button until it turns off. Make sure it stays off and doesnt try to turn back on.

Thanks try to put if in recovery mode. Remember the phone has to be plugged into your computer then turned off then put into recovery mode.

Best of luck

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if you cannot restore the device, as new, then i don't see how they wouldn't notice the JB attempt.
this just confirms that 'they' are cracking down on the JB community.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe that at all. There would be FAR too many reports if that were the case. Not just the isolated, random few.

AquaRelliux

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I dont think u understand what is wrong with it, the phone is not able to even start it is just completly dead as it had no battery at all that kind of dead. So it is impossible to hold the home+power button and ofc as I wrote I already tried that with it plugged in to a comp and to the charger even without still no life sign just dead completly

AquaRelliux

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Ok guys I got the phone back after reading about DFU mode and it is prolly like u said it is stuck in DFU mode but how do I get it out of it?.

EDIT: I am currently trying to restore it but I get stuck on 2 errors: 1601 and 1618 anyone that has a solution for this?.

Last edited:

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok guys I got the phone back after reading about DFU mode and it is prolly like u said it is stuck in DFU mode but how do I get it out of it?.

EDIT: I am currently trying to restore it but I get stuck on 2 errors: 1601 and 1618 anyone that has a solution for this?.

Taken from APPLE.COM (GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND):

When trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes, you may see the following message followed by an error code 1601 or 1602:

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred.

Solution

Completely remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and then reinstall iTunes 7.5 or later. Click the appropriate link below for instructions on how to accomplish this for your operating system.

try that. 1618 is the same thing. unistall iTunes, ALL OF iTunes peripherals, and reinstall.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner