i jailbroke my iphone 3GS about a month ago been doing fine..
    past week and a half it has been just dropping service for serveral seconds and id come right back ..
    well this time it lost signal for like 2 to 3 mintues so i cut it off and turned it on after about 30 seconds.. and now it wont go pass the apple boot logo..
    ive tried to restore but since the phone is not actually on itunes cant pick it up ...
    i even re-done blackra1n that didnt work.. took my sim card out and its still on ..

i honesly hope im not out 600 bucks becuase a stupid program didnt work
    12-09-2009 10:07 PM
    Part of the word jailbreak is break

you took the risk. It's never been a risk free process. Anyone that says it is is lieing.

Also, there's an entire jailbreak section to the forums you might post this in
    12-09-2009 10:19 PM
    i jailbroke my iphone 3GS about a month ago been doing fine..
    past week and a half it has been just dropping service for serveral seconds and id come right back ..
    Well thats normal sometimes for 3gs..

well this time it lost signal for like 2 to 3 mintues
    Okay, did you maybe try going out of your house?? the signal is based on a SIGNAL, which cant penetrate deep into houses. Shouldve gone outside, and been patient.

so i cut it off
    because you didnt wait.. and being patient sucks. and looking online before turning off the "BROKEN" phone is always a good idea.

and turned it on after about 30 seconds.. and now it wont go pass the apple boot logo..
    ive tried to restore but since the phone is not actually on itunes cant pick it up ...
    i even re-done blackra1n that didnt work.. took my sim card out and its still on ..
    Did you look for all these steps online??? trying to rejailbreak over a jailbreak...while the phone is trying to boot up... what a great idea...

i honesly hope im not out 600 bucks becuase a stupid program didnt work
    you got jived... i would NEVER pay 600 dollars for an iPhone.
    12-11-2009 09:00 AM
    Well thats normal sometimes for 3gs..

you got jived... i would NEVER pay 600 dollars for an iPhone.
    don't assume they're in the US. This could be the cheapest price for some countries
    12-11-2009 12:53 PM
    i thought there where rules here on how to treat people , mmmmmm looks like thats not taken into consideration by an elite few that i have noticedon here ......... as the song goes , ooooooooooo , and it makes me wonder . i dont understand why some people have to be so demeaning to others that are only trying to learn , cant wait till these people have a problem that needs community help , isn't that right ......... g1r_g3n1us ( think about it mate and you may realise that you are offending some people ) , you MAY think your a genius but i'll put money on it that you dont know everything about everything , and if you did , you would know that being humble to some of us that aren't quite as so called CLEVER as YOU , might actully say thanks for your help .................mmmmmmm , g1r_silly , YOU make me wonder .
    12-11-2009 01:47 PM
    i thought there where rules here on how to treat people , mmmmmm looks like thats not taken into consideration by an elite few that i have noticedon here ......... as the song goes , ooooooooooo , and it makes me wonder . i dont understand why some people have to be so demeaning to others that are only trying to learn , cant wait till these people have a problem that needs community help , isn't that right ......... g1r_g3n1us ( think about it mate and you may realise that you are offending some people ) , you MAY think your a genius but i'll put money on it that you dont know everything about everything , and if you did , you would know that being humble to some of us that aren't quite as so called CLEVER as YOU , might actully say thanks for your help .................mmmmmmm , g1r_silly , YOU make me wonder .
    what are you talking about?

his answers are completely reasonable. and if you notice, the OP didn't even post an actual question or mention what they need help with.
    12-11-2009 01:54 PM
    this is ridiculous , didnt you read it , he was asking about service dropping out after jb'ing it and wanted some help , and your no help either, you just want to ridicule people too , i read their concern , just like you say YOU did , but then have a go at me too , this is BULLSH.T, no one needs this type of simulated help
    12-11-2009 03:16 PM
    Aaaaaannnnnd.......
    12-11-2009 04:25 PM
    You know - I actually agree with thE dudes who are pissed at the responses you guys have web giving.

This is not the 'i'm better than you because I know more" forum. This isn't the "there's a person in need of help so let me reply with sarcasm and ridicule forum". This is a goddamned HELP forum. So if you can't do those simple things, then this is not the place for you. Take that into consideration before posting again. You know who you are.

Now, to the original poster, have you tried to do a "DFU Restore", or is the iPhone just simply refusing to turn on at all? If you're getting to the Apple boot logo screen, that's good. It means you can do a DFU restore.

Also, for a more detailed description, here is a great link that might save you time and money. ULTIMATELY, the problem that you described is actually a pretty common one.*

Here is a great link you can visit for even more details.*

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/10...phone-restore/
    12-11-2009 04:32 PM
    And also, flying member, don't insinuate that jailbreaking somehow breaks your phone. It's a wellspcumented act, even from Geohot's mouth, that it's almost impossible to brick these things. If a normal person just does some research, downloads packages from trusted sources, they will be fine, and nothing will happen to their phones. I personally have themed the hell out of my device. J have over 45 'tweaks' insalled and functioning as well. I make mobile substrate work overtime. And because I researched, my device functions flawlessly. So don't scare the poor guy.
    12-11-2009 04:36 PM
    so what happened with this?
    12-11-2009 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD