3G service has dissapeared

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have lost the 3G service on my 3GS.
I have spoken to O2 and they sent me a new SIM.
I recieved this today and it still doesn't work with 3G.
Can't think i of when it stopped but was thinking it may have been when I installed SBSettings. Would this happen?
O2 say the next step is replacing the phone, but I love my JB'd phone with over 190 apps and games and countless amount of tweaks installed.
Would be a nightmare to start all over again.

Has anyone any suggestions?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried restoring your phone? It would require you to re-jailbreak and re-setup all your jailbreak apps.

There are some jailbreak apps that make this somewhat less painful.

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes, was hoping to avoid this otherwise I may as well restore and have O2 send me a new phone, then JB that one.
What JB apps make restoring less painfull? I'm intrigued

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes, was hoping to avoid this otherwise I may as well restore and have O2 send me a new phone, then JB that one.
What JB apps make restoring less painfull? I'm intrigued

apps that help save your jailbroken icons and apps so you dont have to Re download.

have you tried not using sbsettings and seeing if your other 3G switch is turned on or off? turn on data roaming? hard reset (hold power and home til the phone shuts off) the phone? turn off wifi and try to connect to the internet (making sure you have full signal) does it give you cant connect or does it try to load?

call O2 again and make sure your dataplan is for 3g. i know you probably already did that, but it never hurts to call them again.

and again. SB settings controls your phone yes, but there might be an issue with your ORiginal settings not being set, or messing up during the sbsettings installation. check them all out to see.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, in order to "backup" all of your JB options/downloads, you'd have to sync your phone to iTunes, and then restore your phone, THEN restore from a backup, so that kinda defeats the purpose of restoring in the first place. I got nothing, dude.

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Found the culprit...SBsettings and boss prefs
I had BP installed before installing SBS a few weeks ago. Installed sbs then uninstalled BP.
earlier today i uninstalled sbs, but no joy.
Tonight I have reinstalled BP, then uninstalled sbs...then uninstalled bp, then reinstalled sbs, voila, 3G working again. More luck than judgement though.
One more question...what is EDGE? should I have it on or off?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal