Any tutorials on SSH, MobileTerminal, etc

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have Mobile Terminal installed on my phone and Iphonebrowser installed on my computer. I downloaded the app that allows iphonebrowser to work with blackra1n jb'ed phones. I've changed my root folder password and mobile password.

Now adding or deleting themes sees easy. But I need to enter a command prompt to fix itunes bookmark syncing issues I've been having and the quotes below are from a website that fixes this issue.

?iTunes could not sync bookmarks to the iPhone ?iPhone? because the iPhone canceled the sync.?

(First, my iPhone is called ?iPhone.?) What a cryptic message is that? This happened repeatedly, even if I tried to reset the bookmark sync. So, to cut to the chase, here is the fix:

?First you need a jailbroken phone (I don?t think you will encounter this issue if you don?t have a jailbroken phone but I could be wrong)
?You need to change the permissions on one file. To do that , you can either SSH or use a terminal app on your iPhone.
?The file is ?Bookmarks.plist? which is located at: ?var/mobile/Library/Safari/?
?The command that you can use via SSH or via a Terminal emulator on you iPhone (like Term-vt100) is ?chmod 0777 Bookmarks.plist?
?Once you have changed the permissions to ?everyone writeable,? you can sync again.

Any help will be appreciated, unfortunately SSH is to small of a word to look for in the search feature.

Josh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234