Hello all,
    I have an iPhone 3GS 16GB, FW 3.1.2 / modem FW 5.11.07. Have been trying for most of the day to unlock the phone. Managed to jailbreak with no problems whatsoever using blackra1n. When I put my T-mobile (UK) sim in the phone, the T-mobile logo comes up fine at the top and I even have three to five bars of reception but whenever I try and make a call, the call drops instantly and I cannot send any SMS.

I have checked my IMEI status and the phone is not blocked, so that can't be the issue. Also tried checking the message and call centre numbers but they are fine.

Does anyone have any advice? I am getting to my wits end with this now!
    12-06-2009 04:33 PM
    You need to turn 3G services off with SBSettings . Tmobile doesnt use the same frequecies as AT&T .
    12-07-2009 08:30 AM
    You need to turn 3G services off with SBSettings . Tmobile doesnt use the same frequecies as AT&T .
    Hi Bengrimm, I am on T-Mobile UK - Does this make a difference? Should I still disable 3G?
    12-07-2009 11:00 AM
    I would try it first to at least trouble shoot that aspect .
    12-07-2009 12:24 PM
    I would try it first to at least trouble shoot that aspect .
    Okay, I tried disabling with SBSettings from Cydia and still no joy. Any other ideas?
    12-07-2009 12:31 PM
    Did you use Blackra1n to unlock the phone ? I would try and run the unlock again . And then I would try a restore and rejailbrerak and unlock again .
    12-07-2009 12:58 PM
    Did you use Blackra1n to unlock the phone ? I would try and run the unlock again . And then I would try a restore and rejailbrerak and unlock again .
    Yes, I used blackra1n to jailbreak and then blacksn0w to unlock. I will try running blacksn0w again now to unlock, and if that doesn't work I will restore and try again. I will keep you posted! Thank you for your help so far
    12-07-2009 01:21 PM
    Okay, just tried to restore & re jailbreak & unlock again and no luck still. Any more ideas??
    12-07-2009 01:53 PM
    Well caliph I honeslty dont know what could be the issue. Maybe someone from the UK will see this post and have more insight than I but everything we have discussed should have worked .
    12-07-2009 02:37 PM
    Well caliph I honeslty dont know what could be the issue. Maybe someone from the UK will see this post and have more insight than I but everything we have discussed should have worked .
    I am just wondering, is there any chance that some phones CAN'T be unlocked yet? I went in to see someone who apparently is a "professional" iphone unlocker, and he said that someone had probably gotten this phone as an upgrade from O2 and sold it to me, and therefore it can't be unlocked. I think this is nonsense though, otherwise how would anyone ever be able to unlock their phones!
    12-09-2009 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD