Ok, been out of the loop for awhile, in fact, havent upgraded my own Iphone 3g since the last 2.x update.

been reading a bit, but I bought my wife a new 3GS and wanted to unlock and sell her original Iphone,

Looks like I have to use Pwnage tool right? Doesnt look like Blackrain supports the original iphone. especially since its still on a 2.x software and baseband??

Not seeing a whole lot of stuff on the Original Iphone, was hoping to get some confirmation before I go brick this thing...

thanks so much,

Shon
    12-05-2009 02:21 AM
    oh, and if I have to use Pwnage tool, where the heck is the Ipsw for it?!??!
    12-05-2009 02:24 AM
    Bump...

anyone?
    12-09-2009 12:02 AM
    i've same concern, anyone can help?
    12-09-2009 05:45 AM
    Nope, you don't need Pwnage Tool. Here is the simplest way.

-Connect your original iPhone (a/k/a "iPhone 2G") to your computer. Update to the newest operating system, 3.1.2. THIS WILL ERASE YOUR JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK. DON'T PANIC.

-Once everything is updated, go to blackra1n.com and download the blackra1n application. If you're not on AT&T, you will have to leave your iPhone connected on the "Insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone" screen instead of activating, you'll need to 'hacktivate' instead.

-Run blackra1n. Jailbreak your phone.
    -After you're done, turn on WiFi.
    -Open up the "blackra1n" app on your iPhone.
    -Choose to install "Cydia" to your phone.
    -Cydia will prompt you for updates. Tap on Complete Upgrade and install them all. YOU ARE A "GRAPHICAL USER".

-In Cydia, search for the app BootNeuter and install the app.

-Open BootNeuter and make sure the settings match are exactly as follows:
    Version: 4.6
    Neuter: On
    Faceblank: Off
    Baseband: Unlock

Then tap "Flash" in the upper right corner to unlock. Enjoy selling your freshly updated iPhone 2G.
    12-09-2009 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD