The night that I got my iPhone 3G 16GB, I dropped it and cracked the upper left hand side of the screen. I finally decided to get the parts and fix it, but I just realized that I ordered 3GS screen instead of the 3G...i can be blind sometimes i guess ...

My question is....shouldn't it still work? or did they update the snap-ins that connect to the rest of the phone...just wondering, i'm sure i can return it...
    12-03-2009 11:59 PM
    so your options are to return it and get what's definently the right one or to guess

return it
    12-04-2009 08:45 AM
    Anyone else, who has actual knowledge of iPhone repair or the difference between the two screens aside from the Oleophobic layer....

I just don't wanna deal with the hassle of waiting the 4 days to get the stupid thing, sending it back, my account get credited for the money, then re-order the thing and then get it back in another 4 - 5 days...if i can skip all that hassle, especially during this season, I'd appreciate it...
    12-04-2009 09:31 AM
    The screen should work fine.
    02-08-2010 08:00 PM
    if you have any questions and repair needs refer to this website
    they do

repairs
    sell parts
    buy broken iPhones

http://www.iPhoneiRepair.com
    01-13-2012 09:01 PM
    No, the parts will not work. The connectors for the iPhone 3G LCD and digitizers are different than the 3GS. They are not interchangeable.
    01-15-2012 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD