Why does Iphone need restoring whenever it's switched off?

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

New to the forums. I have a 3gs 16gb. I have jailbroken it and it works fine when it's switched on. I often switch my other phone off to save the battery life, but when I switch off the iphone and come to switch it back on next day, it request connection to Itunes. Anyone know why this is and can it be rectified?

Help Please?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Right so this means that my phone has been jailbroken but it cant be switched off if it's not near a computer. Right I see. Well answer me this then. I install blackra1n on my computer, transfer it to the iphone, how come when i click make it rain, i get the thing on the phone it keeps asking me to connect to itunes when it has the latest firmware? Also if i try using cydia or rock to download an application it just keeps telling me to connect to itunes once the app i want has downloaded?

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Instructions to Jailbreak:
Step 1: Visit Blackra1n website and choose the Blackra1n software for Windows by clicking on the Windows logo
Step 2: Download blackra1n.exe (opens download link)
Step 3: Connect your iPhone or iPod to the computer and run the downloaded blackra1n executable file
Step 4: You will now be shown a button that reads 'Make it ra1n'. Click on the button to the jailbreak process.

I've done everything above.

Step 5: Notice the following events on your iPhone:

The iPhone is placed in recovery mode
? The recovery mode is replaced by a picture of Geohot on your iPhone or iPod
? Your device will reboot - reebots and then get connect to itunes. WHY?
Step 6: You are shown a pop-up. You may press OK

I am not getting pop up messages? Ii did manage to get it set up and running fine but then whever i try to install apps with cydia or rock it says its installing then it reebots the phone and says connect to itunes even when it IS connected to itunes!!! Am I doing something wrong during the process? I'm running 3.1.2 16GB 3GS

HELP!!!

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Well some apps that you install may require a full reboot of the system to become active on your phone (while some may only require a springboard resrping). So when you do that you then have to run Blackrain again.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
yeah but then i'm having to restore the whole thing again bcause its switching itself off. ------Lvcifer HELP!!!!

I think what he is saying. Is the jailbreak process goes through with Blackra1n but when the phone reboots itself he than loses the jailbreak. Correct ?

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I think what he is saying. Is the jailbreak process goes through with Blackra1n but when the phone reboots itself he than loses the jailbreak. Correct ?

Yes with the new boot loader you loose your JB and the Phone need to be restored each time the phone looses power .

QUOTE=PinkBanana;1536510]yeah but then i'm having to restore the whole thing again bcause its switching itself off. ------Lvcifer HELP!!!![/QUOTE]

Now PinkBanana : This is just the road block we have right now , if you give the DEV teams out there some time to work around this problem you will eventualy be Jailbroken and free not worry about lose of power and having to restore .

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
all sorted now...just kept connected to power ran br and then ran again when itunes icon came on...thanks for the help guys!!!!! Oh and I'm female by the way Mustang!!! Lol :)

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
all sorted now...just kept connected to power ran br and then ran again when itunes icon came on...thanks for the help guys!!!!! Oh and I'm female by the way Mustang!!! Lol :)

My apologies ! Glad you got it sorted out :) just don't let that battery go dead.

Josh

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Great choice. That's what I have and it's amazing. Just keep the receipt in case anything goes wrong, like in the case that it stops retaining a charge.

subgenious#IM

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I just bought a 3GS a couple weeks ago and was very leery of using blackra1n because of this very same issue. Who wants to be stuck with a tethered jailbreak? Simple answer: just use pwnage tool instead. I've got a fully jailbroken phone that can reboot without any other device's help.

bigsmall2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi I'm new here, just got iPhone 3GS recently and I'm considering jailbreaking. I'm aware of tethered jailbreak and I'm wondering what would happen to all the jailbreak apps when the phone reboots and needs to be connected to iTunes. Will the apps be uninstalled?

irthy

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just bought a 3GS a couple weeks ago and was very leery of using blackra1n because of this very same issue. Who wants to be stuck with a tethered jailbreak? Simple answer: just use pwnage tool instead. I've got a fully jailbroken phone that can reboot without any other device's help.

they don't make the pwnage for PC do they. I have the blackra1n one and yes it's a little annoying but worth it imo. I just keep my phone charged and if i have to reboot you just use blackra1n to boot up again. You just need the app around to confortable use a jb with blackra1n unless they have pwnage for PC then I'm willing to start over for sure. It has to do with the iBoot chip in the new phones. I thought hackers haven't figured out how to crack it yet.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
They haven't. And Pwnage Tool DOES NOT provide a 'work around' for a tethered jailbreak. That's just misinformation is all.

Geohot is NOT working on a fix for the tethered jailbreaks, and the DevTeam doesn't want to release one until at least 3.2 is released, so I guess we'll see...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR