iPhone 3Gs in recovery mode after Jailbreaking

Havlee

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've encountered few times after jailbreaking blackra1n, then reboot the iPhone it will back to default and have to connect to itunes to restore setting. Why is this so?

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Your 3GS has the newest bootloader on it , this means all you get is a tethered Jailbreak . If you power off or reset your phone it will unjailbreak , do a quick search lots of talk on this one .

Havlee

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3Gs in recover mode after Jailbreaking

Thanks Bengrimm for the info.
Does it mean its not possible to jailbreaking unless there's untethered jailbreak.

But a friend of mine has just bought week after I had one & has no problem jailbreaking his iPhone.

Still clueless whats the actual problem since our iPhone came from the same authorised dealer.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Anytime you reboot the phone, be it b/c of power loss or a lock up or whatever, you will need to connect it to a computer and run blackra1n. That is what is referred to as a "tethered" jailbreak. Untethered means it doesn't need to be connected to a computer for the jailbreak to be re-applied automatically upon a reboot.

In the new bootloader, Apple fixed the exploit that the jailbreak software was using to automatically reapply the jailbreak upon a re-start.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73