Categories help? D:

KiwiLime

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I assume categories is supposed to add an icon into a folder, and then hide the original on the springboard.

After jailbreaking and installing categories, I made a folder and added my icons, and they showed up fine in the folder, but the problem was that they WERE STILL ON THE SPRINGBOARD. :[

Has anyone experienced this problem also? And does anyone know of a fix?

Thank you in advance. :D

It's categories 2.28 by the way.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
When U place your APP's Icon's in the Catagories folder, you also need to HIDE them in your SBSettings so they DO NOT show up on the Springboard. If THAT step is not taken, then your Icon's Will show up on the springboard... Hope I helped...

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
That's actually not true at all. When I add the icons into a subcategory (Also known as a folder) they automatically remor tHemselves from the springboard.

For example, I tap "Categories". I then tap "Games". I tap "Add". Then I tap the app I want to add to the "Games" folder. Then tap "Done". Then I tap "Back". Then I tap "Restart Sb".

And voil?. Everything does it by itself. I've done this on a 3G and a 3G.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes when you do what LVCIFER said that will automatically flip the toggle over to hide. You do not have to go in and do it separately it will just be done by the program itself. Everything that I have in catergories has the toggle on off to hide.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Developer's of Categories APP is aware that their APP does not function as planned with "SOME" APP's. They mention this fact in their Description area of their Download page. Supposedly with 2.29 has taken care of this situation. Categories HAS a WONDERFUL Help's Q & A section with MOST of your issues addressed. This being one. As mentioned, 1. Check SBSettings 2. If Icon is switched on-TURN OFF to hide. It's not a bad idea when you create a new folder, delete an old folder or add an icon to an existing folder check your SBSettings to be sure they are where you want them...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711