Hi all, please don't let me give you the impression, "oh no, not another who isn't researching". It's not like that, seriously.

I have jailbroken 3 iPhone 3GS before and I have the experience of some software. Since I last jailbroke, 3.1.2 has been released and that comes with stuff like blacksn0w etc etc. I'm wondering what single software I should use? I'm on Windows.

I have read about basebands and wondering whether there is a complete unlock for every baseband? I don't want a paperweight. I hope the knowledge of the forum members will direct me (again).

Thanks!
    11-28-2009 03:40 PM
    blackra1n is the best and easiest jailbreak/unlock out there....

it will be done in 30 seconds....
    11-28-2009 04:07 PM
    Ive read soo many problems with blackra1n on the new software. Im a little hesitant on trying it, may wait for the dev team to release a windows JB.
    On a side note... Is is posible for us non Mac useres to jailbrake on a friends Mac or do we need our own itunes info loaded on the computer we jailbrake from?
    11-28-2009 04:15 PM
    If your running windows... BLACKRA1N is the BEST and SAFEST out there right now...
    11-28-2009 04:19 PM
    If your running windows... BLACKRA1N is the BEST and SAFEST out there right now...
    i second that....

i did not have any problems running blackra1n.....

geohot is a genius!!!
    11-28-2009 05:04 PM
    BlackRa1n is what I used and so much easier than you would expect.
    11-28-2009 05:56 PM
    I had no issues with Blackra1n on my 3G. It was a very straight forward and easy JB.
    11-29-2009 09:34 AM
    Blackra1n was really simple. How times have changed

Now to spruce up my iPhone.
    11-29-2009 10:56 AM
    I've jailbroken with Blackra1n. How comes every time I restart my iPhone, it comes up with the iTunes connection image to activate? I fix this at the minute by opening Blackra1n and just clicking the button. It then brings me back to normal, is this right? How do I just make it restart normally?
    11-29-2009 11:56 AM
    i had the same problems w a couple jb i did i just had to turn it off then back on and it was fine no jb though i dont agree w the easiest jb every if it doesnt work for u but u can prob get a firmware that has been built w pwnage tool from a mac and put ur phone n dfu mode then upload firmware from itunes manually to ur phone thats another way of doing it
    11-29-2009 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD