Hi, So this is my issue. I had a jailbroken iPhone 3Gs on 3.1.2 firmware. I downloaded a package from cydia and I got SWOD. So I needed to restore my iPhone. Simple enough. I restored it then tried to jailbreak it again. I used pwnage tool 3.1.4 originally so I tried to use it again. When I did this I went to restore from a custom restore it said that my iPhone could not be restored. I tried to re-download pwnage tool and the 3.1.2 firmware. Everything went fine until I tried to restore. So I'm thinking that it might be the pwnage tool that isn't working but then again I have no idea whats wrong. Now I restored my phone from my last back up in itunes so I can still use my phone and i still have all my app store apps but no Cydia and cydia apps obviously. I need to jailbreak this phone again or honestly I don't see the point in having it. someone PLEASE help me, I'm sure this must of happened to one of you before. Oh yah. Im using Mac OS X so I would need a jail breaking program for firmware 3.1.2 that runs on mac(thats not pwnage tool).
    11-28-2009 03:22 PM
    why dont you try blackra1n....there is a version for mac
    11-28-2009 03:33 PM
    Blackra1n please.
    11-28-2009 06:03 PM
    I did try blackrain. It worked Although it seems a little buggy, but im glad to have my cydia back.
    11-29-2009 08:33 PM
    What is going on that makes it seem buggy
    11-30-2009 01:58 PM
    It is a little slow over 3G , some times it wont load changes or crashes . I have not had an issue over WIFI .
    11-30-2009 02:05 PM
    It is a little slow over 3G , some times it wont load changes or crashes . I have not had an issue over WIFI .
    My WiFi at my office is slower than my 3g. But my upload is faster. Not sure on that or why.

3GS download at 1.60 Mbps
    upload at .24 Mbps

Wi-Fi download at .83 Mbps
    upload at .94 Mbps

This is using SpeedTest

Our Wi-fi router is only about 15 feet from my phone and we have 5 total computers on it.
    12-02-2009 02:42 PM
    It all depends on what people are doing on the Wi-fi when you test. Try testing from one of the desktops and see what kind of speeds you get.
    12-02-2009 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD