How do you Brick a 3GS when Jailbreaking?

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Hey, new user here. I recently bought a 3gs a few weeks ago, and am wanting to jailbreak the phone in order to allow multi-tasking and customization. I'm a bit worried about causing irreparable harm to the phone, based on some things I've been reading on the internet. Although it seems very uncommon, I'd like to know how this occurs, so I can be sure to avoid it.

This is a great site, and I look forward to being a part of the community :)

Thanks all!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey, new user here. I recently bought a 3gs a few weeks ago, and am wanting to jailbreak the phone in order to allow multi-tasking and customization. I'm a bit worried about causing irreparable harm to the phone, based on some things I've been reading on the internet. Although it seems very uncommon, I'd like to know how this occurs, so I can be sure to avoid it.

This is a great site, and I look forward to being a part of the community :)

Thanks all!

It is very, very, very hard to brick a 3G or 3Gs. I would say impossible but there are always exceptions to the rule. The 2G needs BootNeuter sometimes which is an easy way to brick your phone if you don't do it right but 3G and up don't need that. If there are errors or any problems during the process simply putting the phone into DFU mode should allow you to restore an OEM firmware and get the phone running again. So just make sure you have all the info on the process of Jailbreaking and all the software and you will be fine.

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
It is very, very, very hard to brick a 3G or 3Gs. I would say impossible but there are always exceptions to the rule. The 2G needs BootNeuter sometimes which is an easy way to brick your phone if you don't do it right but 3G and up don't need that. If there are errors or any problems during the process simply putting the phone into DFU mode should allow you to restore an OEM firmware and get the phone running again. So just make sure you have all the info on the process of Jailbreaking and all the software and you will be fine.

Thanks man!

I'll have to read a bit about how to get into DFU mode if I have any problems, but it's sounding pretty safe to go ahead and jailbreak this thing :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It is safe, what I would suggest is just connect to iTunes and back it up, then do a sync. Then you'll probably want to use blackra1n so read up on it and make sure you have the latest version. Make sure you have the latest iTunes and the 3.1.2 firmware. Then just put your phone into airplane mode and proceed with the process.

smokingpies

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
ahhhh!

i want to unjailbreak my iphone and when i click restore settings, itunes forces me to update the iphone software. will anything bad happen to my phone if i choose to continue?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234