Hey, new user here. I recently bought a 3gs a few weeks ago, and am wanting to jailbreak the phone in order to allow multi-tasking and customization. I'm a bit worried about causing irreparable harm to the phone, based on some things I've been reading on the internet. Although it seems very uncommon, I'd like to know how this occurs, so I can be sure to avoid it.

This is a great site, and I look forward to being a part of the community

Thanks all!
    11-26-2009 06:35 PM
    i am new at all of this I am just learning
    11-27-2009 12:10 AM
    I work in the Gulf and I have no internet Sev
    11-27-2009 12:12 AM
    I have 3gs Iphone trying to find out why at&t wont to charge us I have nation wide
    11-27-2009 12:16 AM
    Um I think u are posting in the wrong thread and wrong section
    11-27-2009 04:12 AM
    Hey, new user here. I recently bought a 3gs a few weeks ago, and am wanting to jailbreak the phone in order to allow multi-tasking and customization. I'm a bit worried about causing irreparable harm to the phone, based on some things I've been reading on the internet. Although it seems very uncommon, I'd like to know how this occurs, so I can be sure to avoid it.

This is a great site, and I look forward to being a part of the community

Thanks all!
    It is very, very, very hard to brick a 3G or 3Gs. I would say impossible but there are always exceptions to the rule. The 2G needs BootNeuter sometimes which is an easy way to brick your phone if you don't do it right but 3G and up don't need that. If there are errors or any problems during the process simply putting the phone into DFU mode should allow you to restore an OEM firmware and get the phone running again. So just make sure you have all the info on the process of Jailbreaking and all the software and you will be fine.
    11-27-2009 03:46 PM
    It is very, very, very hard to brick a 3G or 3Gs. I would say impossible but there are always exceptions to the rule. The 2G needs BootNeuter sometimes which is an easy way to brick your phone if you don't do it right but 3G and up don't need that. If there are errors or any problems during the process simply putting the phone into DFU mode should allow you to restore an OEM firmware and get the phone running again. So just make sure you have all the info on the process of Jailbreaking and all the software and you will be fine.
    Thanks man!

I'll have to read a bit about how to get into DFU mode if I have any problems, but it's sounding pretty safe to go ahead and jailbreak this thing
    11-27-2009 03:52 PM
    It is safe, what I would suggest is just connect to iTunes and back it up, then do a sync. Then you'll probably want to use blackra1n so read up on it and make sure you have the latest version. Make sure you have the latest iTunes and the 3.1.2 firmware. Then just put your phone into airplane mode and proceed with the process.
    11-27-2009 04:20 PM
    i want to unjailbreak my iphone and when i click restore settings, itunes forces me to update the iphone software. will anything bad happen to my phone if i choose to continue?
    12-07-2009 06:33 AM
    Not at all. You're just reinstalling the official firmware and removing your jailbreak.
    12-07-2009 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD