I jailbroke my Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 yesterday 4 times using blackrain. If the phone reboots even once it gets stuck in the recovery mode. I have to restore my phone all over again. Plz tell me what to do. I am a new member and I am sry if I created a wrong topic or something. I knw I have to follow rules. I won't do it again but just this one last time. Cheers
    11-26-2009 09:58 AM
    Dj: Blackra1n is a tethered Jailbreak. Meaning if you if you power it off to reboot it you will have to tether it (connect) it back to the computer and run blackra1n again. You should not have to restore it however. After running Blackra1n again and letting reboot a couple times you should be OK. That's just the way it is for now, until they come out with an untethered jailbreak. Hope this helps.
    11-26-2009 01:29 PM
    I too found this out the other day after jailbreaking a friends new 3GS. Couldnt figure it out till I did a quick google search. Apparently this is an issue with the newer 3GS's that apple started shipping in October with the newer bootrom. That sucks......thank god I have an older 3GS
    11-28-2009 09:31 AM
    I jailbreaked my Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 10-14 days ago using blackra1n and have rebooted and turned the phone off many times and haven't had to re-jailbreak it or plug it back into the computer or anything.

Where is this coming from?
    11-28-2009 05:59 PM
    I too found this out the other day after jailbreaking a friends new 3GS. Couldnt figure it out till I did a quick google search. Apparently this is an issue with the newer 3GS's that apple started shipping in October with the newer bootrom. That sucks......thank god I have an older 3GS
    I have a 6-8 week old 3GS i got from the Apple store that doesn't have this issue, it came with 3.1.2. When was this "newer" 3gs made or released that has this issue

Josh
    11-28-2009 06:02 PM
    I must have a newer one because I'm having to re-jailbreak when I turn off my iPhone and then back on again. I'm yet to see this stop because I turn the phone off and on a few times. I'll see how it goes but it's bloody annoying!
    11-29-2009 11:58 AM
    Even if you got it recently, you may have received an older piece. I got my 3GS one month after release. Exactly 1 month. It was on 3.0. Old Bootrom.
    11-29-2009 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD