'Jail broken' iPhones hacked by new virus!!

alfred_1986

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Hackers have built a virus named Duh Worm that attacks Apple Inc's iPhone by secretly taking control of the devices via their Internet connections.

The virus has been detected in the Netherlands and can only attack iPhones whose users have disabled some pre-installed security features, according to analysts monitoring the progress of the virus.

The only iPhones that are vulnerable to the Duh Worm are "jail broken" phones, where users disable key Apple security features to get around the terms of usage agreement that they are designed to enforce.

Share your ideas regarding the anti-virus....:(

Slone

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
It is the SSH virus, you'll only be affected if you haven't changed your default SSH password and leave SSH on

alfred_1986

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't think so..

I got an option to prevent this....Change your root password, and use sbsettings to turn off ssh when you are not using it...:)

tony2979#CB

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to ask this question at the risk of sounding pretty stupid.....

I purchased my iPhone already jailbroken and unlocked. Is there a way to look and see if I have SSH? Wasnt sure if this is something as simple as an icon on the screen, or if it might be a setting that I have not come across. I really don't think I need it as Im not even real clear on what it does.

Thanks for your help!

tony2979#CB

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
It could be on it, there is no icon, to check visit cydia type openssh and see if it's installed.

and there it was. Uninstalled now.

Leads me to one more question. Also found "Openssl". Is this the same as the SSH thing? Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks very much for the advice!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2