categories app problems. PLEASE HELP.

MsVitch

Nov 23, 2009
twitter.com
please forgive me. i feel like an imbecile. but i desperately need help.

i have a jailbroken iphone. 2nd generation.

i recently downloaded the categories app from cydia. filed most of my apps into neat folders. while going through cydia and uninstalling a few packages i deleted the categories app without going through the necessary steps.

this was not my intention.

now i have folders on my springboard filled with apps but no categories app to edit them. i just want to delete the whole thing. well the folders.

PLEASE help me. any suggestions at all will help. but keep in mind i am not an advanced user. i know enough computer stuff to get by. enough to know to i made a mistake and messed up my phone, but not enough to correct the problem.

MsVitch

Nov 23, 2009
twitter.com
yeah i tried that. when i reinstalled it the app didnt show i had ANY folders. but of course, they show up on my springboard.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
if you have SBSettings (if not, go get it in Rock/Cydia), you can go into the "More" section then "Hide Icons" section. this will allow you to un-hide the apps that were in Categories. i had to do this once before as well. then after all you're apps are back, return to categories and redo your folders.

i really hope this works for you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
great to hear! care to share what worked for you? might help others in the future

I'm almost positive the advice you gave her is what worked for her. I believe
it because this happened to me once when I had to re-jailbreak and forgot
to get rid of these folders and I did the exact same thing you mentioned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2