please forgive me. i feel like an imbecile. but i desperately need help.

i have a jailbroken iphone. 2nd generation.

i recently downloaded the categories app from cydia. filed most of my apps into neat folders. while going through cydia and uninstalling a few packages i deleted the categories app without going through the necessary steps.

this was not my intention.

now i have folders on my springboard filled with apps but no categories app to edit them. i just want to delete the whole thing. well the folders.

PLEASE help me. any suggestions at all will help. but keep in mind i am not an advanced user. i know enough computer stuff to get by. enough to know to i made a mistake and messed up my phone, but not enough to correct the problem.
    11-23-2009 11:44 AM
    Try to reinstall categories, then take the correct steps. It should work.
    11-23-2009 12:08 PM
    yeah i tried that. when i reinstalled it the app didnt show i had ANY folders. but of course, they show up on my springboard.
    11-23-2009 03:19 PM
    if you have SBSettings (if not, go get it in Rock/Cydia), you can go into the "More" section then "Hide Icons" section. this will allow you to un-hide the apps that were in Categories. i had to do this once before as well. then after all you're apps are back, return to categories and redo your folders.

i really hope this works for you.
    11-23-2009 03:27 PM
    thanks a lot!
    i'll try that
    11-23-2009 03:31 PM
    i fixed it! i feel so awesome! like i just ate a gallon of ice cream in one sitting
    11-23-2009 05:24 PM
    Congrats - good to hear you fixed it.
    11-23-2009 05:30 PM
    great to hear! care to share what worked for you? might help others in the future
    11-23-2009 05:37 PM
    great to hear! care to share what worked for you? might help others in the future
    I'm almost positive the advice you gave her is what worked for her. I believe
    it because this happened to me once when I had to re-jailbreak and forgot
    to get rid of these folders and I did the exact same thing you mentioned.
    11-23-2009 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD