confussed with SSH and password changes- can someone explain to me please?

fakeenigma

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
hello,
i've been reading up about the recent worms that effect jailbroken iphones, and the advice is to change the SSH client password from the default alpine to one of your prefence, and i've read the guild on how to do that.

i was wondering if anyone can explain to me, does having a jailbroken iphone mean that i have a ssh client installed on it already?

i used blacksnow to jb, and have most recent firmware 3.1.2(?). recently i have been having troubles installing new applications from cydia causing my phone to lock up.
all i've got installed on it from cydia (that is working) Reminder and lock calander, so i am not installing too many applications on my phone,

thanks

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
No, afaik jailbreaking does not automatically SSH onto your phone. But if you do install openssh, you should change the default password.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes , the first thing you should do after installing SSH is change the password to one you will easily remeber , because if you forget it you stuck . And when ever not using SSH just turn it off through sbsettings .

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Can someone please help me? I do have SSH and I've read the tutorials on changing my password and downloaded the mobile client app and none of it works. I have a 3GS 32G running 3.1.2. I have a PC with windows XP and use WinSCP to ssh into my phone. How can I change my password??

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
OP...or to be on the safer side, download "iPhone Folders"

it lets u do the same thing as SSH but its NOT OPEN meaning, u can only access your folders when u are synced to your PC via the USB cord

iPhone Folders

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes u can! Thats how i altered my sms sounds...U can do the same exact things as OPEN SSH....i did my Calendar Lock info lockscreen using this and it worked flawlessly!!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Just be careful because, like open ssh, u can mess your phone up and possibly brick it if u dont know what your doing...

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
OP...or to be on the safer side, download "iPhone Folders"

it lets u do the same thing as SSH but its NOT OPEN meaning, u can only access your folders when u are synced to your PC via the USB cord

iPhone Folders

This works absolutely great. I have never done anything like this and it went pretty easy. I am only doing the basics right now but its a start. I was actually able to get all my icons done. Wow a complete theme every thing matches!!