BlackRa1n RC3 Jailbreak Guide/HowTo

heckt51

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
DONE THAT shut it down nothing worked so far unless it had to do with upgrading from redsnow to 3.1.2. and 5/11/07 have tried it all even rebooting phone as a new phone always have to restore

whiteghost

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Guys

Trying to blackra1n my bros iphone ? worked perfectly on mine ?

He has same 3gs on 3.1.2 we get the frodo pic then it turns off but will not come on ! the screen is black if we plug it back in and turn on itunes it says the phone is still in restore mode and to fix it you must do complete restore?

Which we have to do just to get phone to switch on !!

Any help :-(

cmlrc

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
OK hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm new to the jailbreak process. I have a 3g, I ran blackra1n, worked perfrect. Load Cydia it gave me three options to install, I click the first which was media now I want to change to the hacker mode. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks in advance for the help.

liquidreign

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
Factory Unlocked 3GS JB Issues

Here is my problem I just bought a factory unlocked 32GB
3gs and am trying to jail break it but when I run blackra1n
RC3 it never shows the picture of geohot but says my phone
is Jailbroken and then it gets stuck with a blank screen saying
wait until reboot which never happens. The other question
is I am on T-Mobile is there a way to get the tethering to
work with out jailbreaking it has 3.1.2 and 5.11.07
thanks for any help

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
possible answers.

OK hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm new to the jailbreak process. I have a 3g, I ran blackra1n, worked perfrect. Load Cydia it gave me three options to install, I click the first which was media now I want to change to the hacker mode. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks in advance for the help.

You can change the "mode" cydia works in by going to Manage(book), then selecting Settings. The exact same screen will pop up asking whattehfxz you are. I use hacker, even though i dont consider myself to be one. command line rocks though..

Here is my problem I just bought a factory unlocked 32GB
3gs and am trying to jail break it but when I run blackra1n
RC3 it never shows the picture of geohot but says my phone
is Jailbroken and then it gets stuck with a blank screen saying
wait until reboot which never happens. The other question
is I am on T-Mobile is there a way to get the tethering to
work with out jailbreaking it has 3.1.2 and 5.11.07
thanks for any help

Why did you make your text into a block? Do a little more searching man, you cant tether without jailbreaking on t-mobile or any other network. No service wants you to use you phone to its complete potential duh..

as for the jailbreak issue try reading around a bit. theres an easy fix for it (DFU-restore-rejailbreak with diff usbport/computah ~.o) since its new i doubt you have much on it.

Everyone recommends blackra1n and so do I, but another option would be to try PwnageTool 3.1.2, aka pwnage pie.

Last edited:

liquidreign

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
Jailbreak issue

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry for the
block text.

I have read around and I guess there is a lot of bad
info out on the web because there are a lot of
people saying it is possible to tether without jailbreaking

As for the jailbreaking problem I will do some more
research using your suggestions. Thanks again

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Why am I getting this when I click on the windows version to the link in the first post in the thread?

Forbidden
No hotlinking to blackra1n.com is allowed
If you came here from the blackra1n website be sure you aren't blocking HTTP referrers. Some firewalls and browser plugins do this.

adrictan

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I've tried downloading Blackra1n and was able to jailbreak my phone. Things were running fine until I supposedly added some defective repo sites which caused my Cydia to crash. I had no other way but to recover my phone to default using iTunes. I tried to re-install Blackra1n again and subsequently Cydia. The apps available in Cydia are back but everytime I finish installing any apps/games/utilities fm Cydia, the phone crashes and goes to Recover Mode. What can be done? I'm on 3GS, original 3.1.2.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why am I getting this when I click on the windows version to the link in the first post in the thread?

Forbidden
No hotlinking to blackra1n.com is allowed
If you came here from the blackra1n website be sure you aren't blocking HTTP referrers. Some firewalls and browser plugins do this.

Because no hotlinking is allowed to blackra1n.com

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I've tried downloading Blackra1n and was able to jailbreak my phone. Things were running fine until I supposedly added some defective repo sites which caused my Cydia to crash. I had no other way but to recover my phone to default using iTunes. I tried to re-install Blackra1n again and subsequently Cydia. The apps available in Cydia are back but everytime I finish installing any apps/games/utilities fm Cydia, the phone crashes and goes to Recover Mode. What can be done? I'm on 3GS, original 3.1.2.

WHY THE HELL DID YOU RECOVER FROM A BAD CYDIA SOURCE!!!! all you have to do is delete your repo's via SSH and it auto(repeat)AUTOMATICALLY refreshes them, and the one you didnt like will be gone...Terribad child, you need to read more...LOTS MORE. Try deleting your repos (you can find a tut on your own, or go down farther and READ.

1. SSH into your iPhone/iPod, hopefully you know how to do that.
2. Go to the root of your iPhone/iPod [/].
3. Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list
4. Download the Cydia.list to your computer and open it using any text editor.
5. Delete the source you added. For example, "deb http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/ ./" if this is the source you want to delete, simply delete that one line. NOT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. Make sure you save the document as is. We are NOT adding any extensions.
6. Drag the saved document into the sources.list.d folder and replace the file.
7. Re-spring.

or you could go to /var/lib/apt/lists and delete everything EXCEPT the partial folder.. this removes ALL of your sources, so if you had a bunch(lyke me) you would wanna do the first one.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Guys

Trying to blackra1n my bros iphone ? worked perfectly on mine ?

He has same 3gs on 3.1.2 we get the frodo pic then it turns off but will not come on ! the screen is black if we plug it back in and turn on itunes it says the phone is still in restore mode and to fix it you must do complete restore?

Which we have to do just to get phone to switch on !!

Any help :-(

I'm guessing the problem here is that your brothers is a newer model of the 3GS so its a tether jailbreak and you just have to run blackrain again to boot it up. You will have to do this everytime you reboot, don't worry you wont loose any data and you wont have to rejailbreak.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Um so how do you get around all of that non sense....Sorry everybody is not a hack and no those ridiculous terms

easy. type the url into your browser manually. blackra1n.com they have a big windows logo that is the download link, and it's not some crappy redirect which spams you but a direct link to the exe

you also might notice the url behind the link goes to
http://pspgamecrazy.com/blackra1n.exe

someone is pushing a source and hiding where it goes. that could be a way to push a virus on you instead of what you think you're downloading

Last edited:

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
easy. type the url into your browser manually. blackra1n.com they have a big windows logo that is the download link, and it's not some crappy redirect which spams you but a direct link to the exe

you also might notice the url behind the link goes to
http://pspgamecrazy.com/blackra1n.exe

someone is pushing a source and hiding where it goes. that could be a way to push a virus on you instead of what you think you're downloading

What?!!?? Way to assume sh*t buddy. I had the link to the real website download but they blocked hotlinking so to make it easier I uploaded blackrain to my own servers so it will be easier for people and faster. How am I spamming?

Last edited:

PhiPhone

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
OK, question: I'm still running 3.0, jailbroken via redsn0w, on my 3G. If I update to 3.1.2 and run blackra1n, will I still run into the issue where the jailbreak disappears everytime I turn the phone off?

haifaivul

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Wirless problem

Hello everyone,

I've just jailbreak my iphone 3g, but now I have a problem with the wi-fi
It scans continuously for networks....

Can you guys help me?

I tried to reset the network configuration... but in vain...:(:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics