BlackRa1n RC3 Jailbreak Guide/HowTo

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
BlackRa1n RC3 Jailbreak and Unlock Windows Guide/HowTo

Downloads
BlackRa1n:
Windows http://blackra1n.com (click the windows logo)
Mac http://blackra1n.com/blackra1n.zip Update: Mac tut from tipb. http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/11/22/jailbreak-unlock-iphone-3g3gs-blacksn0w-mac-edition/

Steps
Step 1. Download BlackRa1n above and open it. Click ok on any warnings.
2qu0hzo.png

2d8q1k5.png

Step 2. Plug your iPhone or iPod Touch in (preferably 3.1.2 update and 05.11.07 baseband if not update in iTunes)
images

Step 3. Click on "make it ra1n" on your computer, your iPhone will show a picture then restart
2aj5lbo.png

Step 4. Unlock your iPhone or iPod Touch and connect to a WiFi network.

Step 5 (unlocking). To unlock your iPhone for other carriers tap on the BlackRa1n app then select sn0w + Cydia and or Rock and tap install. Your iPhone will respring and you will be unlocked with cydia or rock, if you want to only jailbreak go to the next step.

Warning: Do NOT click sn0w unless you want to unlock.

Step 5 (jailbreaking). Tap on the BlackRa1n app on your home screen and select Cydia, and or Rock and tap install, your iPhone will download them and respring, you now have a a jailbroken iPhone!
2cdyix0.png

28tu87n.png

Important Info For New iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch

Every time your iPhone turns off and on or reboots simply run BlackRa1n on your computer to boot it up, don't worry you wont loose anything.

If your Having Problems

Try this post. http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/ipho...x-blackra1n-wifi-issues-youtube-gps-push.html

Thanks for reading this tutorial post questions here :D.

Last edited:

Lacessit

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
So, I just picked up my 3gs 16g running updated to 3.1.2 and have been looking into jailbreaking but haven't made up my mind yet... If I do decide to jailbreak, I can just follow the instructions above...

But if I do jailbreak, everytime I power down my iPhone, I'll need to have my laptop around to restart my phone?

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes that may or may not be the case there's no way to tell besides trying, I have a 3GS but since it has the older boot rom I don't have to boot up with my comp. Most people don't turn there phones of anyway. Sooner or later they will crack the new bootrom and you can do an untethered jailbreak. It really dpends on the stores stock.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Your welcome, I strongly reccomend you jailbreak. So many great features, have you ever jailbroken before? You can have themes, run apps in the backround, categories, tether with any device, reply to SMS in apps, the possibiltys are endless.

Last edited:

Lacessit

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Your welcome, I strongly reccomend you jailbreak. So many great features, have you ever jailbroken before? You can have themes, run apps in the backround, categories, tether with any device, reply to SMS in apps, the possibiltys are endless.

This would be my first jailbreak, which is where the nerves come from. I'm mostly interested in it for running apps In the background, and tethering, but since I'll have opened up the option, I'll take customizing the looks with new themes as a nice bonus.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
If your intrested in backrounding apps get mquickdo it's awesome. If you don't like being jailbroken you can alway restore. Also if your going to be tethering I reccomend mywi.

PirateNinja

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
this is a great and fast jailbreak.

and this also happened to be my first jailbreak attempt. had no major issues besides wifi not working but a quick network restart fixed that problem. all in all this is the fastest and simplest jailbreak

Pharoh#IM

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm having troubles jailbreaking my phone. I had it jailbroken and unlocked previously with redsn0w and ultrasn0w on 3.0. I backed up all my stuff and did a factory restore on it, then tried the jailbreak. Every time I try to jailbreak it, it goes into recovery and then the screen goes blank, I never see the screen with geohot on it, but the jailbroken successful screen pops up and tells me the whole thing about it being done. Then it just sits there and I have to hold down the top button to get it to restart and it restarts just like normal and is not jailbroken. It's driving me crazy. Thanks for any help.

Pharoh

Last edited:

MariaMagdalena

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Will it work for mine?????

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the tutorial but i still have a question which answer it seems i can not find:( everyone here is speaking for 3.1.2 but mine is iPhone 3GS bought with version 3.1 (out of box) factory unlocked modem firmware 05.11.07. Yes my 4th and 5th digits are 4 and 5 and i know that i will have to keep it switched on, but my main question is do i have to update to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak it with this, or i can go on and jailbreak it on the version 3.1 (originaly bought with).

I will really appreciate if someone answers, since there are a lot of different opinions which after days of reading confused me to death:)

Thanks a lot

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Lacessit So, I just picked up my 3gs 16g running updated to 3.1.2 and have been looking into jailbreaking but haven't made up my mind yet... If I do decide to jailbreak, I can just follow the instructions above...

But if I do jailbreak, everytime I power down my iPhone, I'll need to have my laptop around to restart my phone?

Just check the manufature date on the back of the phone it's the 4th and 5th digits that represent the week the phone was put together , they need to be below 40.

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the tutorial but i still have a question which answer it seems i can not find:( everyone here is speaking for 3.1.2 but mine is iPhone 3GS bought with version 3.1 (out of box) factory unlocked modem firmware 05.11.07. Yes my 4th and 5th digits are 4 and 5 and i know that i will have to keep it switched on, but my main question is do i have to update to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak it with this, or i can go on and jailbreak it on the version 3.1 (originaly bought with).

I will really appreciate if someone answers, since there are a lot of different opinions which after days of reading confused me to death:)

Thanks a lot

Im confused how did you get a factory unlocked phone ? And if your modem firmware is 05.11.07 then you are already @ 3.1.2 so you can use blackrain to JB . I dont know if this will affect your Factory unlock tho .

Last edited:

wildbill#IM

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3gs, recently jailbroken and unlocked.

I'd like to undue both of these actions and go back to the way it was before. Been looking everywhere online but can't find this info anywhere...

Is this possible? will I lose all my phone numbers?

has anyone else had problems and tried to undue their hacks?:confused::confused::confused:

copykat

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok... I made it rain, it finally reboots, and there is no rain program icon. I also never see Geo's face, just the spinning dial. What am I doing wrong?? I'm on the right 3.1.2 update.

Last edited:

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3gs, recently jailbroken and unlocked.

I'd like to undue both of these actions and go back to the way it was before. Been looking everywhere online but can't find this info anywhere...

Is this possible? will I lose all my phone numbers?

has anyone else had problems and tried to undue their hacks?:confused::confused::confused:

Hi, this is very very simple, just backup your iPhone in iTunes and click restore on the summary tab of your iPhone.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot

Yes you must update to the latest firmware to run blackra1n.

To everyone not seeing the image or successfully jailbreaking
I recommend you do a full restore and update to the latest firmware in iTunes then try blackra1n, also make sure iTunes Service.exe is running in the task manager, to do this I'd assume you'd open iTunes. Thanks.

Last edited:

blondsta

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi, this is very very simple, just backup your iPhone in iTunes and click restore on the summary tab of your iPhone.

I recommend you do a full restore and update to the latest firmware in iTunes then try blackra1n, also make sure iTunes Service.exe is running in the task manager, to do this I'd assume you'd open iTunes. Thanks.

I have tried several times but all I seem to get is the entering recovery on the blackra1n window and the iPhone sits there with the USB/iTunes screen, any ideas?

MariaMagdalena

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Hi, you say that i have to update to 3.1.2 my factory unlocked iphone with 3.1 to do a jailbreak, but will this affect my unlock. (for example become locked) might sound stupid but just to make sure:)

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes it will become unlocked but then you'll unlock it again with blackra1n. Make sure though to select sn0w along with cydia if you want to unlock.

heckt51

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
i HAVE TRIED THIS WITH AND WITHOUT iTUNES RUNNING never got past usb to I tunes pic ( NO GEOHOT) it just goes into recovery mode had JB with redsnow before then daughter up dated to 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 and it WILL NOT JB air mode on or off I have given up unless anybody has something new

blondsta

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
i HAVE TRIED THIS WITH AND WITHOUT iTUNES RUNNING never got past usb to I tunes pic ( NO GEOHOT) it just goes into recovery mode had JB with redsnow before then daughter up dated to 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 and it WILL NOT JB air mode on or off I have given up unless anybody has something new

I am getting exactly the same issue, a my wits end, seriously considering taking it back.....

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow something must of happend idk what to tell you guys if the software isn't working. Worked fine for me and the 10+ friends I have hacked. Try going into task manager and closing anything related to iTunes and try again maybe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73