I can't even turn it off. I have a PC, 3G, had 3.1.2 software. Tried to jailbreak it, iTunes was open and it just froze my phone, now my computer doesnt even recognize it so I can't restore? What gives? Any thoughts?
    11-19-2009 06:02 AM
    It's stuck in recovery mode
    11-19-2009 06:07 AM
    Try and restart your Iphone by holding the Home key and power button . It should restart after 30 sec , did this the first time too , scared the poo outa me .
    11-19-2009 08:14 AM
    Yeah try to restart the phone, if it gets stuck on the Apple Logo for a long time ie. 20 minutes or something abnormal then shut the phone off by holding the power button and home button until you see the screen go black. Then hold down the home button and start iTunes plug the phone in to the USB connector still holding the Home button. The phone will power on, don't release the home button until you see the USB to iTunes on the screen you'll be in DFU mode. iTunes will say it has detected a phone in recovery mode then hit Restore to load the latest firmware to the phone. This will wipe out all your data so I hope you've backed up and synced previously. It is very hard to brick a 3G and up so no need to worry.

If you still want to JB and you're using blackra1n try first putting the phone in Airplane mode and connecting it to the USB, wait to see if iTunes will load automatically and if it does close it then run blackra1n.
    11-19-2009 09:05 AM
    is it safe to try and re-jailbreak and if I am correct, iTunes should be off when jailbreaking correct?
    11-19-2009 09:07 AM
    in the future, it's worth noting there's a jailbreak section

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/
    11-19-2009 09:48 AM
    I know that and I was posting in both. I posted here b/c although I needed jb assistance, it was HELP nevertheless. Good lookin out.
    11-19-2009 09:51 AM
    Its safe to try and rejailbreak , check the link for a good tutorial .

How to Jailbreak And Unlock Your iPhone With Blackra1n And BlackSn0w on Windows - iPhone Hacks
    11-19-2009 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD