thejfreundl

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
K im new to all this - im just about to ''break'' my phone with rain. - Im changing my phone from rogers to bell - does ra1n let u do that??(access other networks?) bell said they would give me a new sim card if i can break my phone and switch to them.. or is it something in cydia I have to do :S sorry might sound like dumb questions but im really lost!! Plz help?

thejfreundl

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
ohh.. and if i backup my iphone with the rogers card thats in it can i put the bell card in and reload the info or will it not work or mess things up?? :S im sooo lost :(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Start by reading through as many threads in this forum as possible. All the answers are there. Short version: Blackra1n will jailbreak, and Blacksn0w will unlock. It's the unlock that will allow you to put a different sim in your iPhone.

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is still the case with Bell now that they have switched to HSPA, but Bell never used to use SIM cards before so I am not sure if this is possible.

I may be wrong, now that they have switched to HSPA from CDMA. You may want to look into that further.

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
EDIT....

I just looked into myself and it appears Bell DOES use SIM cards with HSPA so I don't see a problem unlocking the phone and putting a Bell SIM in.

thejfreundl

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
i went to bell - they gave me an active sim card to put in my phone to make sure it works before I purchase a sim card - it shows I have full service but will only let me make emergency phone calls? I did the sn0w thing before i switched sims and it still wont work... Is there something in my phone that I have to change before installing the new sim???

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I would TAKE Alli's ADVISE. READ as many threads and other info out there that you can. Jail Breaking is quite simple but if not done properly it could LEAD to COMPLICATIONS. Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox