Ive been reading online that Winterboard is the main culprit for slowing down or lag time with a JB'n device.
    Now I got to admit, ever since I jailbroke Ive been tweaking like crazy
    but Im considering uninstalling it to see IF that may solve some minor issues I may have had in the past & eliminate anything for the future.

will this help the navigation only?

Thoughts?...
    Last edited by BLiNK; 11-15-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    11-15-2009 02:42 PM
    I notice a difference with winterboard installed on my first gen but with my 3GS the difference isn't noticable, I don't have it installed anyway, it was responsible for for my phone crashing and random restarts
    11-15-2009 02:52 PM
    I have a 3G and and I think the winterboard theme I had installed was responsible for it crashing. I'm gonna re-jb and just use winterboard less and see if that helps.
    11-19-2009 05:47 AM
    I Have a 3G and run Winterboard with some preety elaborate themes , I do notice a little slowness in response time , but its worth it .

Intelliscreen also slows the phone down a bit .
    11-19-2009 08:20 AM
    Anyone notice themes and tweaks more likely to crash than others. For instance i was running Carbon Ovation when I crashed the first time. Thoughts?
    11-19-2009 09:08 AM
    I have Winterboard I use it only to have my wallpaper on my homescreens I don't notice any lag at all. When I get bored I apply a theme or two and I do get a tiny bit of lag. I think Winterboard will not cause lag but depending on how many things you apply and how many things the theme customizes you'll probably get respective lag.
    11-19-2009 09:20 AM
    The only one I have had issues with is the HTC Widgets .
    11-19-2009 11:32 AM
    I had a lot of problems with Winterboard on my jailbroken 3G. It would crash fairly often, but the main thing I noticed was that it would take 4-5 seconds after pushing the home button to exit an app whenever Winterboard was enabled. This drove me crazy, so I just stopped using Winterboard entirely and the problems went away.

I just got a 3GS a couple of days ago, and so far have had no problems with Winterboard whatsoever - it works great! I love being able to theme my phone again.
    Last edited by AarontheRed; 11-20-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    11-20-2009 01:52 PM
    I have a 3G and and I think the winterboard theme I had installed was responsible for it crashing. I'm gonna re-jb and just use winterboard less and see if that helps.
    11-21-2009 08:16 AM
    ive had winterboard on my 3gs since i jailbroke, it was one of the main reason i did. have used illumine and a few others currently have the carbon ovation. the theme is a b**** to set up but its great. alot of people complain abt lag while using this theme but i have experienced very little. and it is a pretty demanding theme
    11-21-2009 09:57 AM
    I Have a 3G and run Winterboard with some preety elaborate themes , I do notice a little slowness in response time , but its worth it.
    this is the exact same situation for me.
    in fact i uninstalled winterboard earlier this week and yeah I may have gained a second or two in navigation time but it's a small price to pay to have a cool set up.
    i am glad this had no affect on my web browsing.
    so i went back to WB, the tweaking continues!
    11-21-2009 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD