Jailbreaking 3GS - HELP !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manasa

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys ?. i just tried to Jailbreak my 3GS ? 3.1.2 with PwnageTool_3.1.4 ? following specifically the instructions given on the technobuzz website for 'jailbreak 3gs 3.1.2'
I got right to the end of the process, and itunes tries to restore ?. but after some minutes comes with the message ?The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)
I want to unlock the phone from at&t so i can use another sim, but i have to jailbreak first. I have restored it to the original 3.1.2 - but now it's my iphone just says 'No SIM card installed' and brings up an 'emergency call' screen option with number pad if i unlock the screen ??
(and yes - I am using the latest version of itunes)

Please help !!!

manasa

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
yeah - sorry guys - new kid on the blok here - was kinda desperate and thought if i post it in a few spots, then more chance of getting a reply sooner. Obviously not necessary.

Since i wrote that post, being the impatient creature that i am - I tried again to jailbreak with pwnage, but without installing any of the suggested extra cydia packages .... and it sucessfully broke & restored. Then i unlocked with ultrasn0w following the instructions on technobuzz..... so now i have cydia installed, but it wont recognize my network. Top left corner just says 'No Service' ?? Wi Fi is active, but no phone ??
Dont know if i can go back and roll blacksn0w or not ?
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.