How can I Update my iphone from 1.1.4 to 3.x.x?

alexvar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

Alex here, new to the site. Here is my question and situation.

I have an Iphone 2G (1st generation) with 1.1.4 firmware. I am not with AT&T. As of now my phone is unlocked and Jailbroken.

I am ready to get the newer version of the OS from 3.0 to 3.1.2 whatever is possible.

I tried to use the Pwnage 3.0 software however the Pwnage 3.0 crashes after step #8.

If someone knows how to do this help me out please.

Thanks

Alex Var.

Bombsquad6116

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Well, I'm not entirely sure, but you should just have to update through iTunes to the new 3.1.2, The. Go to blackweather, download according to whether you have mac or pc, plug your phone in with your USB cable, open blackra1n click make it rain and If everything goes rgiht it should finish within a few mintues. After that open cydia, search for blacksn0w. And install and it should unlock. My other advice is to open YouTube and look for a turtorial on how to do it. Hope this helps.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Blacksn0w will not work to unlock the 2G. He will need to download "BootNeuter" for the 2G phone, it's a permenant unlock for 2G.

alexvar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys, Thanks for the fast respond.

Just wanted to say this I am on MAC and latest version of itunes.

If that is going to help with anything.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Unless you want to use Pwnage Tool and create a custom firmware. You upgrade and jailbreak at the exact same time. No need to use blackra1n.

alexvar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys don't mean to be rude but I don't understand these things. If you can tell me step-by-step what to do I would appreciate it.
I tried the Pwnage 3.0 tool on step #8 it tells me I need to save my custom ipsw file and when I do that the software just crashed on me and it quits.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods