Hello Everyone!

Alex here, new to the site. Here is my question and situation.

I have an Iphone 2G (1st generation) with 1.1.4 firmware. I am not with AT&T. As of now my phone is unlocked and Jailbroken.

I am ready to get the newer version of the OS from 3.0 to 3.1.2 whatever is possible.

I tried to use the Pwnage 3.0 software however the Pwnage 3.0 crashes after step #8.

If someone knows how to do this help me out please.

Thanks

Alex Var.
    11-08-2009 07:34 PM
    Well, I'm not entirely sure, but you should just have to update through iTunes to the new 3.1.2, The. Go to blackweather, download according to whether you have mac or pc, plug your phone in with your USB cable, open blackra1n click make it rain and If everything goes rgiht it should finish within a few mintues. After that open cydia, search for blacksn0w. And install and it should unlock. My other advice is to open YouTube and look for a turtorial on how to do it. Hope this helps.
    11-08-2009 07:42 PM
    Blacksn0w will not work to unlock the 2G. He will need to download "BootNeuter" for the 2G phone, it's a permenant unlock for 2G.
    11-08-2009 07:57 PM
    Hi Guys, Thanks for the fast respond.

Just wanted to say this I am on MAC and latest version of itunes.

If that is going to help with anything.
    11-08-2009 08:17 PM
    The only thing that will change is the link you click on on blackera1n.com. And after you JB do what Lvcifer said.
    11-08-2009 09:33 PM
    Unless you want to use Pwnage Tool and create a custom firmware. You upgrade and jailbreak at the exact same time. No need to use blackra1n.
    11-08-2009 10:22 PM
    Sorry guys don't mean to be rude but I don't understand these things. If you can tell me step-by-step what to do I would appreciate it.
    I tried the Pwnage 3.0 tool on step #8 it tells me I need to save my custom ipsw file and when I do that the software just crashed on me and it quits.
    11-09-2009 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD