Please help jailbreak and unlock to activate phone!!!

randymanfoo

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
iv been trying and searching forums for days
and finally im asking for help

what i have:
a plan with att (not an iphone plan)
a used iphone 2g 3.1.2 04.05.04_g 8gig
jailbroken before 3.0: not %100 sure yet i asked the guy i bought it from and im waiting for a response
home wifi
windows xp & vista

what i want to do:
recieve/make calls, text (which is on my current plan)
activate my sim & disable EDGE so i wont be charged for internet OR an iphone data plan

my sim card is stuck at the connect to itunes/slide for emergency screen
it came with a used sim card that i CAN play with the phone (no service)

what iv tried:
what seem like everything its just one thing or another
iv jailbroken it with blackra1n but it says to check internet connection
iv tried to remedy this by doing the whole "reset network settings" thing but that doesnt work
iv done some other things

im just so damn tired of seaching and finding things that work for people ...but not for me

can anyone please help? i just want a working iphone with no internet or data charge

thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is your phone currently Jailbroken? is it working as in you can make and receive calls? If so then go to Cydia and get SBSettings this will allow you to turn off Edge. Once Edge is off the phone will only use Wifi for all data connections. If you reboot the phone always check SBSettings to make sure Edge is off some phones turn it back on when you reboot. I'll wait for your answer about Jailbreak to help you further if you need it.

randymanfoo

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
no the phone is not working, and cannot receive/ make calls (im using no sim, because with MY sim i cant get past the emergency slide screen)

i think its jailbroken, and by that i mean i ran blackra1n and there is now a blackra1n app on the menu next to contacts but when i open it, it just says to "Please check you internet connections (Err..."
i can only search for wifi but doesnt seam to work

i just tried redsnow to jailbreak (with blackra1n currently on the phone) but i see no Cydia. should i restore the phone to erase the blackra1n and then try redsnow?

im also still concerned that Cydia wont work beacuse my wifi doesnt seem to work

manasa

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys ?. i just tried to Jailbreak my 3GS ? 3.1.2 with PwnageTool_3.1.4 ? following specifically the instructions given on the technobuzz website for 'jailbreak 3gs 3.1.2' using PwnageTool_3.1.4.
I got right to the end of the process, and itunes tries to restore ?. but after some minutes comes with the message ?The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)
I want to unlock the phone from at&t so i can use another sim, but i have to jailbreak first. I have restored it to the original 3.1.2 - but now it's my iphone just says 'No SIM card installed' and brings up an 'emergency call' screen option with number pad if i unlock the screen ??
(and yes - I am using the latest version of itunes)

Please help !!!

randymanfoo

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
update on the original post:

i restored the iphone and ran redsnow properly 3 times
1st with only Cydia checked
2nd with Cydia and Icy Checked
3rd with Cydia Icy and Unlock checked (i downloaded to required files to unlock)

and everytime nothing shows up on my menu

like i said before when i use blackrain it shows up on the munu but it doesnt read the wifi signal

whats going on?
i just want to unlock and activate my att sim card, and disable edge

alvink83

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
update on the original post:

i restored the iphone and ran redsnow properly 3 times
1st with only Cydia checked
2nd with Cydia and Icy Checked
3rd with Cydia Icy and Unlock checked (i downloaded to required files to unlock)

and everytime nothing shows up on my menu

like i said before when i use blackrain it shows up on the munu but it doesnt read the wifi signal

whats going on?
i just want to unlock and activate my att sim card, and disable edge

Reset the network settings to fix the wifi issue.

Did you find your sim card carrier name on the status bar? If it's showing "No Service", you need to install BootNeuter to unlock your iPhone 2G.

randymanfoo

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the attempts to help but
well as i put in the original post

reset network settings hast worked for me

and with my sim card i cant get past the emergency slide screen
i can play around the menu with the used sim card that it can with and yes, that one says no service

can i use the used sim card and somehow make that my new sim card?

randymanfoo

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE:
my original sim card is now in the menu, i got past the emergency slide screen
but im STILL unable to get the internet to work properly
my home wifi IS connected but i cant install Cydia because blackra1n says:
"Please Check Internet Connection (Err...)"
iv tried Reset Network Settings and reboot and nothing changes still not working

PLEASE HELP!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox