After the recent update from Apple again, i realise i've left it quite a while to update my iPhone. I'm still running 3.0 because, even with blackra1n, apt backup and the new itunes springboard layout i've been to lazy to JB again.
    I was wondering how many of us are still running 3.0 and why? Is it worth you upgrading yet? And how long will you wait?
    11-05-2009 09:59 AM
    I just re-jb 2 days ago from 3.01 to 3.1.2. It was extremely easy and pain free. I only had Cydia, SBSettings and BossPaper installed so I didn't bother running APTbackup. As it was, SBSettings and Bosspaper "remembered" my settings and prefrences so once I reinstalled those programs everything was back to normal. I didnt even have to in to the programs and re-tweek my settings.

The only reason I upgraded and re-JB was I am expecting OS 3.2 to break the current JB and I at least wanted to be on 3.1.2 to experience the new augmented reality apps and when 3.2 comes out I won't be 2 OS versions behind.
    11-05-2009 11:16 AM
    I moved to 3.1 as soon as I could from 3.0. I skipped out on 3.0.1
    11-05-2009 11:50 AM
    I'm still on 3.0. My biggest reason for staying back was the tethering capability. Now, I guess geohot's new tool unlocks that capability for 3.1 as well, but I've seen people saying that 3.1 specifically tracks tethered usage and that worries me. So I'm gonna stay back here for now and see if anyone ends up getting slapped with tethering charges. The augmented reality apps sound kinda cool, and I wish I could try them, but I suspect it'd be one of those things where it would be cool for 5 minutes, then I'd never use it again. I mean, you're using the camera, the gps, 3g and the screen full time with those apps, right? I would think that would just annihilate your battery.
    11-05-2009 12:15 PM
    I upgraded to 3.1 from 3.0 as soon as there was a JB available just because the app re-arrange in iTunes had me foaming at the mouth. The JB for 3.1.2 came out real soon afterwards but it just had minor updates so I just stayed 3.1 because I knew whenever I wanted to I could go to 3.1.2 JB. When my phone went into coma mode for the first time ever it didn't bother me but I said what the hell first sign of trouble just take that as a reason to upgrade to 3.1.2 Now I'm wishing I had long ago, on 3.1 JB I had battery issues for awhile until I re-JB it was better but not as good as it was on 3.0 but now with 3.1.2 it's the best battery usage I've had and that's with the same daily phone usage. I'm going home with 80-90% battery where before I would get home in the 60-high 70s range.
    11-05-2009 12:21 PM
    I can't say I've ever had a battery problem, pluss I carry a juice pack air out on a long trip. I suppose I'm one of the only lazy b@stards left not to upgrade. Still think I'll wait and JB when something a little bit more tempting comes along. A lone wolf LOL.
    11-05-2009 07:06 PM
    The only reason I jumped to 3.1 was for augmented reality apps
    11-05-2009 07:47 PM
    Still using 3.0 on my 3Gs. I haven't seen anything that makes me want to upgrade to anything else. I have all that I want, including MMS, and just don't want the hassle of setting things back up the way I have it now.
    11-05-2009 08:21 PM
    @mgregg99

that's what I was thinking. Eventually I'll change when I can't download new apps.
    11-06-2009 10:15 AM
    I am still running 3.0 (and iTunes 8.1) strictly because I see no reason to at this time to upgrade and I want to wait couple weeks to see if anyone is relocking issues with Blackrain.
    I was told some time ago, if it works, why fix it? lol
    11-06-2009 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD