I recently unlocked and jailbreaked my 2G iPhone (3.1.2 firmware) using Pwnage. The procedure was successful but in the process, my firmware went "back" to firmware version 3.1. I must have used the 3.1 designed version of Pwnage. My question is: can I now upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes without affecting the phone? I read somewhere that it couldn't be done... Any advice helps. Thanks.
    11-05-2009 06:56 AM
    You MAY be able to upgrade officially to 3.1.2 through iTunes, and jailbreak using blackra1n RC3, which will then include blacksn0w so that you can unlock your 2G.

The newest version of blackra1n comes with hacktivation built in, so you don't even have to switch SIM cards to my knowledge.
    11-05-2009 09:28 AM
    You MAY be able to upgrade officially to 3.1.2 through iTunes, and jailbreak using blackra1n RC3, which will then include blacksn0w so that you can unlock your 2G.

The newest version of blackra1n comes with hacktivation built in, so you don't even have to switch SIM cards to my knowledge.
    This is correct
    11-06-2009 02:33 AM
    I have unlocked an jailbroken by 2g with redsn0w. On 3.0,can I also just update to the newest through iTunes ? Does this also apply to me? Or is it only for people who have used pwnage?
    11-06-2009 05:48 AM
    Dvi, this applies to you. If you upgrade officially through iTunes, just use blackra1n after you upgrade your OS.

DON'T PANIC IF AFTER UPGRADING, IT GIVES YOU GHE "INVALID SIM" MESSAGE.

Just pop open blackra1n, and it's amazing auto-detect features will have you jailbroken in less than 2 minutes.

It will also hacktivate you, so no need to remove your SIM card at all.

Once it hacktivated and jailbreaks you, sign onto WiFi.

Check the "install blacksn0w" icon, and then voil, you're jailbroken and unlocked.

Enjoy.
    11-06-2009 09:55 AM
    Blacksn0w doesnt work on 2G.

---------------

Blacksn0w will unlock iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS, if you are an iPhone 2G user then Geohot has provided the following instructions:

If you are on a 2G iPhone, blacksn0w isn't an option for you. But BootNeuter is, a completely free permanent unlock for your 2G. Of course, blackra1n will work great, and even hacktivate for you.
    11-06-2009 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD