BlackRa1n only supports a tethered jailbreak?

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
"For those with a new iPhone 3GS (updated Bootrom), BlackRa1n only supports a tethered jailbreak. This means that once jailbroken you should not let your battery die. If it does die you will need to reconnect it to the computer and use BlackRa1n to boot it."

What's a tethered jailbreak?

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
exactly what it said, that if your phone reboots, or the battery dies, it will no longer be jailbroken or unlocked, and you'll have to use blackrain to complete the process again.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
exactly what it said, that if your phone reboots, or the battery dies, it will no longer be jailbroken or unlocked, and you'll have to use blackrain to complete the process again.

I thought it was when you used you iphone as a modem to access the internet.

camens

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Do you lose all of your jailbroken software and settings, or just a simple blackrain reinstall?

Random Hero

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You don't lose everything...I have an 8 gig MC model, and if it dies or you turn it off you just run blackra1n and everything is back to normal.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
You don't lose everything...I have an 8 gig MC model, and if it dies or you turn it off you just run blackra1n and everything is back to normal.

Exactly. As long as you dont tell iTunes to restore your iphone / iPod touch, it will retain all of its jailbroken information. As soon as you plug it in, run blackra1n, "make it rain" and after about 45 seconds your device will be fine again.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Use Rock to back up all your JB files as i did then i restored and reJB and logged into Rock and my files were all there! Its a terrific app

vermillionrush

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just got one of the 3G iPod touches and having the same problem. will it harm the iPod at all to keep it on all the time or jailbreak it often? does this put a lot of wear and tear strain on the iPod?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Just got one of the 3G iPod touches and having the same problem. will it harm the iPod at all to keep it on all the time or jailbreak it often? does this put a lot of wear and tear strain on the iPod?

u only JB it once unless u have a problem with your JB then u do it again...until the updated firmware comes out then u wait until Geohot or the devteam works on a JB for the newer version and no it wont harm your ipod if u keep it on all the time...most of us keep ours on:)

vermillionrush

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
ok! I mean I know you're only supposed to jailbreak your iPod touch once, but I meant since I'm having the same problem with my iPod going into restore mode every time it gets turned off. thanks for the info though, it's helpful :)

one other question - if i left my iPod on all the time with the screen off and no music playing, roughly how long would it take for the battery to die?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
ok! I mean I know you're only supposed to jailbreak your iPod touch once, but I meant since I'm having the same problem with my iPod going into restore mode every time it gets turned off. thanks for the info though, it's helpful :)

one other question - if i left my iPod on all the time with the screen off and no music playing, roughly how long would it take for the battery to die?

my battery can last me all day if its not in use, i guess it all depends on how many processes u have running, notifications, push apps, etc :)

btw, im not sure if the newer ipods that shipped after Oct has the latest bootrom, but if it does, then every time u turn off your device, u would need to reJB:eek:

Last edited:

covalc

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
exception...

well.. im confused right now, i have an iphone 3gs 32gb with 3.1.2 installed and i can turn my blackra1n jb iphone on and off all i want and nothing happens, a friend of my who also jailbreaks told me that i should get online and post this, so lol here it is, im not complaining, but im just wondering why this happened lol

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
because its an UNTETHERED JB meaning u can turn your phone on and off a million times cause of the older bootrom like most of us had

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner