MAJOR MMS/TXT Problems - please help.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've encountered a problem that I've never heard of or seen before.

I jailbroke my wife's 3G today with blackra1n.

I installed "iPhone VM2" from the beyouriphone.com repo.

I didn't like the effect that it had, so I uninstalled it.

I rebooted.

Then I noticed that my wife can send me text messages and MMS. But her phone doesn't seem to accept/allow INCOMING txt/MMS messages.

Now, to my knowledge, "iPhone VM2" does the following:

"Alternative method developed directly from Apple but never used to create a swap file and improve dynamic performance on your iPhone / iPod! Reboot after installation."

it's a way to access additional RAM memory.

NOW - I restored to OFFICIAL FIRMWARE 3.1.2 directly from iTunes!

And the problem is STILL persisting. She can't seem to get incoming txt/SMS messages.

I need a serious iPhone God/Guru to help me with this one.

All suggestions are welcome though.

I rarely beg, but please - I REALLY need help with this one. :(

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
PS - I've also restored AGAIN, and set the phone up as new.

If anyone would be so kind as to send me the ORIGINAL SYSTEM FILES for the messages app so that I can SSH into the phone and replace it, that would be GREAT. That way maybe I could fix the issue that way.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to keep on posting, but nothing seems to work and I'm on my iPhone so I can't just simply edit my posts. :(

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
A restore as a new phone wipes everything off the device. It fully and completely replaces every single file on the device. Think of it like a format and install.

What sounds like happened, is the carrier settings got wonky. You can try resetting the network settings, if that doesn't work, try searching for and installing the latest carrier file.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Okay, here's the deal.

I actually did restore as a backup at first, and then when that didn't work, I restored as new.

I attempted to try to locate the AT&T carrier file 5.6, and that didn't work, so I applied the AT&T carrier file 5.5.

None of that works. Her phone can still send out txt/MMS, but it can't receive anything at all.

And I have no idea what to do to fix this.

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
i'm having the same problem, but i didn't install "iPhone VM2" ... i'm not sure it's a problem with the JB, just coincidence.. might be a problem with the network..

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
i'm pretty sure it's an AT&T issue right now... i'm in Northern NJ .... i have my iPhone and my works AT&T phone, and have been unable to send text messages to either of them through Google Voice..

I was just able to send a text message to my works Nextel Phone through Google Voice, and it worked fine....

so i'm starting to think it's an AT&T problem right now...

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
hey.. just an update ... i just called 611, and they told me that they are receiving reports from all over that text messaging is not working ..

and a couple minutes ago, a few of the text messages i sent earlier as a test, are starting to trickle in.. not all of them, but a couple came through..

so rest easy :) .. lol... i thought it had to do with the JB too

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The thing is most of the ones that I sent out as "tests" are finally starting to trickle through as well. Not all of them, like you said. ALL of the MMS ones haven't come through yet, but man, that scared the hell out of me too man. I set up an appointment at the apple store and everything. Whiped the phone twice, restored to factory default.

Sonova*****. Sometimes, patience is a virtue, and panic is for *****es.

I just truly thought that I had screwed her phone up with that damned program.

*sigh*

Thank you guys, for the help. Seriously. I appreciate it.

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
it's a crazy coincidence that it happend on the day that we decided to JB our phones.... i was so happy until i noticed the text messages weren't coming through..

but glad it is all good... and i can continue to keep it JB'ed, cause finally being able to use my Slingbox on 3G is fan-f*cking-tastic!

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
@LVCIFER
Its understandable to panic if you think you just screwed your wifes phone up. Things could get ugly at that point,lol. Glad you work now.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, actually... as of my last post, everything WAS working. Then I jailbroke again, and NOW, she can receive text messages, but can't send them. I don't know WTF is going on.

I'm so frustrated that it's a sin.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2