very slick paperweight -2g unlocking and jailbreaking help

shanfoley

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi.me again,
Have been researching way to jailbreak and unlock my 2G 3.1.2 iphone after the unlock was reversed when i unknowingly updated mt iphone via itunes. I can't find anything that will help do both these things with my setup (2g 3.1.2 iphone, windows). I got the iphone in the UK and have been using it in NZ up until the dreaded 3.1.2 upgrade. I have tried blackra1n but it doesn't seem to work, i just get a message that my sim is not compatible with my phone. If anyone can help, or direct me to a thread that would be cool, I have tried Gogias method (pg14) but dont really understand it. I have been without my beloved iphone now for too long and although it is rather a slick paperweight i would rather have it do all its cool tricks
Cheers

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Download the NEW blackra1n. This comes with "hacktivation", which will activate using an alternative SIM card.

Them go to Cydia and download BootNeuter. Follow the guides, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone. :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Also, let us know if/how it works for you.

I forgot to mention that you'll need a WiFi connection to get into Cydia.

Dealwagon

May 7, 2009
Visit site
BootNeuter says its for 2.2 or something old like that.. Will it work on 3.1.2, and once you unlock it, is it forever unlocked, OR just until a restore.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
BootNeuter should still work on 3.1.2 I've made ipsw with it for the 3.1.2 firmware. However instead blacksn0w is out so follow the instructions here On the iPhone: blacksn0w is live read more than just the first line and it tells you how to do it and there is a link to the whole process on iClarified. Also OP in the same thread with Gogia's instructions further down the thread I posted a link to how to get your 2G working with 3.1.2 so if this doesn't work PM me and I can try to help ya out.

shanfoley

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
paperweight still slick

Have tried downloading and running blackra1n, but i just keep getting put back to the usb/itunes logo. Any ideas? I haven't got much hair left....

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Blackra1n should jailbreak regardless of the handset version ( though the new 3GS and new iPod Touch will be tethered ), the unlock is for 3G and 3GS as the 2G baseband is not updated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods