poor 3g network coverage

jcampbell1070

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
i done the blackra1n jailbreak to my 16gb 3gs and when im on att 3g coverage i get one bar and is cutting in and out of service. my wife has a 8gb 3g nonjailbroke and hers has 3 bars of 3g service. i restored as new back to stock and all seems fine. should i try to rejailbreak or is this a common issue becouse i dont wont to jailbreak if im going loose the little bit of 3g coverage i got. thanks

AllTheWay

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
i done the blackra1n jailbreak to my 16gb 3gs and when im on att 3g coverage i get one bar and is cutting in and out of service. my wife has a 8gb 3g nonjailbroke and hers has 3 bars of 3g service. i restored as new back to stock and all seems fine. should i try to rejailbreak or is this a common issue becouse i dont wont to jailbreak if im going loose the little bit of 3g coverage i got. thanks

What carrier file do you currently have. I don't know if it makes a big difference to anybody else but I get better reception on the 5.5 carrier file than the newer 5.6 carrier file. Might be worth a shot.

jcampbell1070

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
i got 5.6 but how do i go back to 5.5. the only way i would know how is when i do a restore. it will tell me there is a carrier file update. would i just not update to stay on 5.5 i like mms i would like to keep mms. thanks

AllTheWay

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
i got 5.6 but how do i go back to 5.5. the only way i would know how is when i do a restore. it will tell me there is a carrier file update. would i just not update to stay on 5.5 i like mms i would like to keep mms. thanks

Here is the file that you need.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

To update your carrier file

1.) unzip the file to your desktop

2.) connect you iPhone to the PC

3.) Start iTunes

4.) Hold down shift and then click restore

5.) Navigate to where you placed the file. *be sure the change the file type as so you can see the .ipcc file. Not the ispw file.

6.) Your iPhone should update.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

You could do a restore back to 5.5 and then not update the carrier file when it ask you to. People have told me that have had mixed results with the 5.6 carrier file. My friend in Southern California tells me that he gets way better reception with it but where I live I actually get worse reception.

jcampbell1070

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
i done a restore as new and i leaved it at 5.5 but havent jailbroke it yet. the signal still bounces around from 2 bars to 4 bars in 3g. ill see if it gets worse when i jailbrake it again

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you still have waranty? I say take the phone back maybe something is screwed with the antennae. I've never had an iPhone that wasn't JB and I've always had great reception except where I expected not to like in my condo. If you want to see if it's your phone JB your wife's phone and see how her reception fares.

Last edited:

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Mine is jailbroken and works nice in both att and other operator. Why your phone does not respond well in att carrier. Really strange. You can try rejailbreaking.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73