I downloaded Cydia and Rock and just really ended up liking Rock. Just works way smoother and want to completely remove the Cydia App. I already uninstalled/removed all the features I got from Cydia and want to remove it completely and stick with Rock for my iPhone jailbreak needs. Can anyone help? I really prefer not to restore my iPhone though.

Also, I've been having this sort of battery issue ever since I jailbroked. It will display the current battery percentage and after a few minutes even with 3G and Wifi off and no apps running in the background...it'll show the same percentage I had 10 minutes ago or probably 1%'s lower (which is normal) and after running something on my phone, the battery percentage will update quickly and drop down 5-7 percentages??? Any fix for that? I did the jailbreak with blackra1n RC2 and only installed Cydia and Rock.
    11-01-2009 06:27 AM
    I don't think you can remove cydia without re-jailbreaking.
    11-01-2009 08:41 AM
    Make sure Location services, push messages, 3G are all turned off and only turn them on when you need to use them. Also keep the brightness as low as possible.
    11-01-2009 10:23 AM
    Make sure Location services, push messages, 3G are all turned off and only turn them on when you need to use them. Also keep the brightness as low as possible.
    Yea, I already had those settings like that before JB'ing.
    11-01-2009 01:12 PM
    I was having the same type of battery issue, but mine would drain to dead in almost 5 hours. turned everything off. then i opened Cydia nd it installed an update and them my battery was working awesome for about 2 weeks. then i downloaded a few things from cydia and a few apps and now my battery is draining fast from 100% till about 78% and then it starts slowing on the battery use.... not sure what i need to do. I was thinking of re Jailbreaking the phone again, but would rather not. anyone know why the battery started working great then started acting up again? im havin same kind of issue as OP... and is Rock better than cydia?
    11-01-2009 06:09 PM
    To remove Cydia follow these steps:
    Open up Cydia
    When it's loaded go to "Manage"
    Scroll down to the C's
    find Cydia Packager and tap it,
    look at the top right corner it will say Modify and tap it
    Two options will come up, Re-install and remove, Tap remove
    and confirm it, A box will come up and click Force Removal
    Once its complete select close when a box comes up,
    Once you have removed it you cannont do anything cos you are in cydia although it is removed so it wont reconize anything you do, to fix this hold down the On/Off button and the Home button and just keep holding untill it shuts down, Then turn it back on, this might take a while to loads back up
    Then look on your pages and Cydia will be removed
    It will still be on the installer but it says it is stilled installed but it is not so dont worry
    This is the easiest and only way(i think) to remove cydia without a PC.
    03-05-2010 04:11 PM
    To remove Cydia follow these steps:
    Open up Cydia
    When it's loaded go to "Manage"
    Scroll down to the C's
    find Cydia Packager and tap it.
    I don't see Cydia Packager under the "Manage" list of programs, only something called Cydia Installer. Is that the same thing?
    04-08-2010 07:32 PM
    in other words, don't use the phone...

anyways, if i were you i would leave Cydia on the device. it has been running better recently
    not to mention there are going to be some apps that can be viewed on Rock but only available for download on Cydia

i was a BIG Rock supporter but eventually came to terms that Cydia owns all
    04-09-2010 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD