Hello guys

I'm a iphone user and I want to jail break my iphone

I bought the iphone 3GS on 02 contract recently and didn't do any kind of update via itunes. it has a 3.1 firmware running 3.1 (7C144)

I searched everywhere for a easy jail break method but keep hearing lot of people say its impossible to jail break 3.1

My itunes says I have to update my device to 3.1.2 which i didn't yet.

The information is overloaded and very confusing. Can someone tell me whats the best way to jail break it ?

Do I have to downgrade to 3.0 then jail break it ? or do I have to update to 3.1.2 then jail break it or Is there any way to directly jail break 3.1 (came when i purchased)

Thank you for your answers
    10-31-2009 06:27 PM
    You can JB on 3.1 even 3.1.2 you can't unlock once firmware is 3.1 and above via iTunes. Search the forums there's tons of threads with instructions and links depending on if you use Windows or Mac.
    10-31-2009 06:37 PM
    You can JB on 3.1 even 3.1.2 you can't unlock once firmware is 3.1 and above via iTunes. Search the forums there's tons of threads with instructions and links depending on if you use Windows or Mac.
    Thanks bro.. No I'm on a 2 year contract with 02 and I'm not going for a different carrier. so no issues with unlocking. I don't want any unlocking. I just want Jail break.

Can I use Blackra1n directly to jail break 3.1 ? I'm on windows will it work ?

Also once done can I get all my contacts back ?
    10-31-2009 06:39 PM
    Blackrain only JB 3.1.2 so update to 3.1.2 and read the threads so you have all the info on doing the JB. You should have all your contacts besides before you do the JB just make sure you do a sync so there's a copy on your computer.
    10-31-2009 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD