Average available memory

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm just trying to see (curious) what the average available memory is for people. I know it depends on what each person has installed in the iPhone. My average without re-springing or rebooting is around 100 MB at any given moment. Mine did seem to be higher like 140MB but lately not. I've tried turning one by one off in mobile substrate add ons but didn't seem to make a difference. Im just looking for jailbroke phones on 3GS not unlocked. Thanks for any replys.

Last edited:

thebeerbaron83

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I have a JB 3GS and my memory is usually around 100 also, and its about 140 after I use free memory tool or a reboot. I will say i noticed my average was more like 120-130 prior to JB and the same 140 after reboot.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the Intelliscreen is hitting the memory pretty hard. Maybe around 10 to 15 MB. Not sure if that is normal or not?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I have around 100MB after running a full day. To compared, a respring takes me to 135 - 140MB free.

*edit fix free memory after respring

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have an average of between 65-85 MB free, but I always have Phone, Mail, Safari, BeeJiveIM, & GV Voice running in the background. PLUS intelliscreen, and quite a few others.

And wen I respring, I go right back up to 144 MB free, every time.

Safari takes a LOT of memory, based on HOW MANY PAGES you have open IN safari, and how much code/HTML each page required.

Whenever I close Safari in Processes, I get an immediate 30-40MB additionally freed up.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I removed Categories, SB Categories and reinstalled intelliscreen now my memory stays around 130 MB. Categories and SBCategories was eating about 15mb there selves.

DainBramage1

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering this, because my available memory seems to always hover around 20MB... honestly, it doesn't seem slow, but what gives? According to SBSettings, the only processes I have currently running are Phone and Mail (although I'm surprised LockInfo and Winterboard aren't listed), but I'm sitting on 27MB right now. I'm doing an update right now, but I'll do a reset in the morning and see if my number jumps up.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Do u have 3G or 3GS? The 3GS has twice the memory of 3G. So if you have that one you are probably about right.

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm on a iPhone 3G jailbroken with blackra1n... I have Winterboard, SBSettings, blacksn0w and backgrounder installed. I have about 25-40 MB free...

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
On my JB 3GS, with smartscreen having the weather widget on the lock screen and running a few themes on winterboard with a live calendar, weather, and clock widget on my springboard. I get about 145-155MB average. If I push the free memory on my SBSettings, I can squeeze up to 171MB of free memory.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
On my JB 3GS, with smartscreen having the weather widget on the lock screen and running a few themes on winterboard with a live calendar, weather, and clock widget on my springboard. I get about 145-155MB average. If I push the free memory on my SBSettings, I can squeeze up to 171MB of free memory.

wow that's almost hard to believe. usually a live calender and weather alone with winterboard brings you closer to 100mb of free memory. Nevermind it being closer to 150 as you claim.

On a side note, I got a xmas theme with animated snow falling in the backround...how much memory do you guys think the animation alone is consuming?

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
171mb that is incredible I have never seen that much available. If I free up and respring I'll have around 138mb.

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the older 3GS models if that helps. I just watch what I install on cydia and what's in winterboard. Alot of themes have their settings to the creaters standards. I just edit those settings what I feel is necessary like the intervals of the weather update for my lock and home screen. I had a rotating wallpaper in my previous them and didn't really take up that much memory. Maybe like 5 MB so an animation in the background shouldn't much either.

What I use to have before on average:

b86697b1.jpg

What I'm using now:

d9d87afe.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner