2G 3.1.2 unlocking help

shanfoley

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I recently, stupidly, updated my uk bought, jailbroken, 2G iphone to 3.1.2 via itunes, so now the baseband has also been updated so i can't use it in NZ, where i live. Is there any way to fix this yet, or can i downgrade, and what about re-jailbreaking or re adding cydia and Icy? Not really sure about anything so any help in lamens terms would be much appreciated,
Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you go into the Settings, General, About and tell me the version of your Modem software? I will talk to my friend and get back to you, however since you have a 2G the process, if it can be done, will involve Boot Neuter which has a good possibility of bricking your phone if you don't do it right. Anyway I'll talk to my friend and see if there is anything that can be done and I'll post up and let you know whatever the outcome may be.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK just talked to my friend and he confirmed what I thought. I still need you to check the modem software version for me. The updated baseband prevents unlocking but you can still JB your phone. So JB your phone and get Fuzzyband in Cydia, run it. It should determine your baseband version and then automatically try to downgrade the baseband to pre 3.1 version. If it is successful then you can unlock and NEVER update via Apple again. So when you can get the info for me and let me know what happens.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I didn't think that the 2G baseband got updated. He may have to jailbreak and unlock again, but it should be fine.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't remember how the whole thing goes but the baseband does get upgraded I beleive loudrimsinc had the problem on his 2G and his fuzzyband attempt failed. However unlike the 3G the 2G is not supposed to be succeptible to the upgraded baseband I can't remember if it can be downgraded or if the unlock still works it's been awhile. You may have to run BootNeuter, but try fuzzyband and see what happens as well first provide us with your modem software version first.

Edit:
it seems I am wrong and the baseband doesn't upgrade check out this thread, page 14 Gogia goes through the process he used to get his 2G back to normal. So yes try JB and unlocking again and if it doesn't work try Gogia's method

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/179291-3g-baseband-5-11-07-bootloader-5-09-help-downgrade-if-possible-14.html

Last edited:

shanfoley

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi, thanks for all your efforts. I cant get into setting as i only have a picture of a usb cable with an arrow pointing to the itunes logo, and and an emergency call option. Itunes opens when i plug it in, but just tells me my sim is not supported in this phone. Hmph?

shanfoley

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Wow, thanks will give JB and unlocking a go.... Just follow the intructions that have been posted on here? thanks everyone for your help...

shanfoley

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I know, i am useless....

Hi, um, me again, can you please send me a thread on how to jailbreak and unlock a 2G iphone 3.1.2 on windows? I have been looking everywhere but cant seem to find instructions for exactly that, and don't want to mess it up, Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2