Do i need to run blackrain everytime i power down the iphone?

sleprok

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed

I am dealing with this issue of having to run BR each time I power down or reboot. 4th and 5th serial is 42. Things work fine and I have not lossed anything to date. Running APT and APP for my apps but not sure how they will work as I have not had to use them yet. I am OK with this now, it is just a hassle to have to have laptop or PC available if battery dies or I need to power down. Sent myself an email with the BR DL so I can get it on anywhere I can open email. Should be good to go until there is an alternative. Anyone that has any other info on how or when I will be able to stop dealing with this would be greatly appreciated.

bozo1490

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
i had that same problem, and after a while i got fed up and just restored my phone. in my opinion it is probably best to just wait until a updated version of black rain comes out.

Greenchunks

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I am dealing with this issue of having to run BR each time I power down or reboot. 4th and 5th serial is 42. Things work fine and I have not lossed anything to date. Running APT and APP for my apps but not sure how they will work as I have not had to use them yet. I am OK with this now, it is just a hassle to have to have laptop or PC available if battery dies or I need to power down. Sent myself an email with the BR DL so I can get it on anywhere I can open email. Should be good to go until there is an alternative. Anyone that has any other info on how or when I will be able to stop dealing with this would be greatly appreciated.

How did you manage to e-mail yourself the file? Most e-mail clients, either web based or system based (Gmail/Yahoo/Lotus Notes/Outlook) won't allow the e-mailing of an *.exe file, or a *.zip that contains an *.exe file

sleprok

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
ID10T error

Greenchunks... I am a novice in the utmost sense of the word. I have not had to use the emailed form as I have always been with my PC. I saw your post and went to get the attachement from the email and sure enough it had an error. My appologies for the ignorence. Hope I did not get your hopes up too much.

Greenchunks

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Greenchunks... I am a novice in the utmost sense of the word. I have not had to use the emailed form as I have always been with my PC. I saw your post and went to get the attachement from the email and sure enough it had an error. My appologies for the ignorence. Hope I did not get your hopes up too much.

Haha, well glad I could help you out then and shatter your false sense of security. It's easy enough to download if you have internet access and download permissions, so it theoretically should be fine. If the iPhone was more storage friendly, one could store it on a memory card that resides within the phone (like almost every other smartphone made) and then you would only have to put that memory card into whatever computer you so desire and run it. Such is life. Let's just cross our fingers than geohot has already figured out a way around this and is just waiting for OS 3.2 to come out to release it.

gteti

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
reboot Iphone using black rain

I recently upgraded my firmware on my 3gs not realizing it would take away my jail break.

So believe it or not I bought another 3gs 3.1.2, phone because I need blacklist so badly.

Now the new phone only reboot using blackra1n. Is there a fix to this. The old phone did not require this.

After the reboot using blackra1n it work fine.

Is there is fix somewhere fro this?

Itunes keeps want to install 3.1.3.

Is there a way to get 3.1.2 and reinstall that, will that help the problem?

Any info would be appreciated.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
@gteti there is no fix for this. Your new 3gs has a new bootrom, and the only current solution for jailbreaking is a tethered jailbreak. Which is what you are experiencing. Once the device is restarted or looses power you have to run blackra1n again. What did you do with your old 3gs? What firmware did you update to?

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've run Blackrain on my Iphone 3GS, firmware version 3.1.2 and have successfully installed cydia.

if i disconnect/reconnect my phone to the computer, itunes recognises my phone perfectly.

however if i power down my iphone and disconnect it from the computer, and then i power back up - the usb --> Itunes picture comes up because it wants to be connected to itunes.

When i plug it into the computer, itunes wants to restore my firmware again. The only way to sync back up to itunes is to run blackrain again. Is that right? everytime i power off my iphone i will have to connect it to a computer and run black rain again?

hope someone has answers :)

Clean restore and JB again

bozo1490

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I recently upgraded my firmware on my 3gs not realizing it would take away my jail break.

So believe it or not I bought another 3gs 3.1.2, phone because I need blacklist so badly.

Now the new phone only reboot using blackra1n. Is there a fix to this. The old phone did not require this.

After the reboot using blackra1n it work fine.

Is there is fix somewhere fro this?

Itunes keeps want to install 3.1.3.

Is there a way to get 3.1.2 and reinstall that, will that help the problem?

Any info would be appreciated.

your phones too new, i also had this problem. just restore and we gotta wait till a newer version if blackra1n is released.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner