Do i need to run blackrain everytime i power down the iphone?

rivan

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've run Blackrain on my Iphone 3GS, firmware version 3.1.2 and have successfully installed cydia.

if i disconnect/reconnect my phone to the computer, itunes recognises my phone perfectly.

however if i power down my iphone and disconnect it from the computer, and then i power back up - the usb --> Itunes picture comes up because it wants to be connected to itunes.

When i plug it into the computer, itunes wants to restore my firmware again. The only way to sync back up to itunes is to run blackrain again. Is that right? everytime i power off my iphone i will have to connect it to a computer and run black rain again?

hope someone has answers :)

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I would restore and rejailbreak , something went wrong . I have only heard of this type of issue with the R1 and that was on the ipod touch .

rivan

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
i've spent the past few hours restoring the original 3.1.2 software and using blackrain to JB it.

I followed the tutorial at redmondpie.com exactly.

Blackrain works everytime and reboots the iphone. I close down Itunes after the software restore and i make sure it doesn't launch again while blackrain is running. After the blackrain app has appeared on my phone, when i next power down my phone and power it back up, the usb to itunes pic comes up str8 away and i have to restore my phone again =\. i've tried a million different things but always end up with the same result. i'm stumped that's for sure.

haven't heard of any similar problems. I purchased my iphone 3gs a few days ago

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you using the original release of blackra1n, or the newer version (which should deal with the new 3GS OTB)?

VOODOO

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
i've spent the past few hours restoring the original 3.1.2 software and using blackrain to JB it.

I followed the tutorial at redmondpie.com exactly.

Blackrain works everytime and reboots the iphone. I close down Itunes after the software restore and i make sure it doesn't launch again while blackrain is running. After the blackrain app has appeared on my phone, when i next power down my phone and power it back up, the usb to itunes pic comes up str8 away and i have to restore my phone again =\. i've tried a million different things but always end up with the same result. i'm stumped that's for sure.

haven't heard of any similar problems. I purchased my iphone 3gs a few days ago

i have exact same problem with my ipod touch 2g 8gb - blackra1n works fine - can install cydia etc but when i power down, then power back on, get the USB > Itunes screen

??

masterkjn

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The new ipod touch 2g and the iphone 3GS are tethered jailbreaks. Apple fixed the exploit that was being used to jailbreak earlier devices. This means you will have to jailbreak them everytime you reboot. Dev team are still working on a sollution for this. But for now to stay on the safe side avoid buying iphone 3GS which has manufact. date > 40. (Check the 4rth and 5th digits on the serial number of the phone). The dev team tweeted regarding this issue recently.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The new ipod touch 2g and the iphone 3GS are tethered jailbreaks. Apple fixed the exploit that was being used to jailbreak earlier devices. This means you will have to jailbreak them everytime you reboot. Dev team are still working on a sollution for this. But for now to stay on the safe side avoid buying iphone 3GS which has manufact. date > 40. (Check the 4rth and 5th digits on the serial number of the phone). The dev team tweeted regarding this issue recently.

This is correct.

VOODOO

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

Thnx ! - at least i can stop trying (for now)

rivan

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the answers guys. Makes alot more sense now.

I checked my serial number and my 4th-5th digits are 41.

i can stop wasting time on it now :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
But for now to stay on the safe side avoid buying iphone 3GS which has manufact. date > 40. (Check the 4rth and 5th digits on the serial number of the phone). The dev team tweeted regarding this issue recently.

lol, who would have the opportunity to rummage through AT&Ts stock to find these?

zeddock

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I just went and got the GS yesterday. Should I go back and ask them for an older version? Or will it just be a few days until I can enjoy JB-goodness and tethering?

Thanx!

zeddock

masterkjn

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Dev team does not give ETAs. Jailbreak could come tommorrow or never. It is upto you. If you cant live without JB and cant wait for it then you can try to change it, if not then you can wait.

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
You can always keep a charger handy that way you will never need to re-jailbreak. Just make sure you never turn your phone off or let the battery die unless you are near a computer. With the stock shortages (here in Canada anyway) I would doubt that any store would have "old" 3gs stock.

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
If I jb with my computer at home and need to reboot at work, provided this is a tethered jb, of course. What do I need on my work computer? Latest iTunes & blackra1n RC2? Do I even need iTunes?

When do I actually re-run blackra1n when I reboot?

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I am not completely sure what you will need. I assume all you would need is a copy of blackra1n on the work computer. I don't think you would need to restore or backup in itunes. Don't quote me on this.

I would be interested to know for sure as I JB my friends brand new 3gs iPhone and even though I advised him to not power off or allow the phone to die, I am sure I will be receiving a call from him asking why his phone is not powering up and what he should do.

manasa

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys ?. i just tried to Jailbreak my 3GS ? 3.1.2 with PwnageTool_3.1.4 ? following specifically the instructions given on the technobuzz website for 'jailbreak 3gs 3.1.2' - using PwnageTool_3.1.4
I got right to the end of the process, and itunes tries to restore ?. but after some minutes comes with the message ?The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)
I want to unlock the phone from at&t so i can use another sim, but i have to jailbreak first. I have restored it to the original 3.1.2 - but now it's my iphone just says 'No SIM card installed' and brings up an 'emergency call' screen option with number pad if i unlock the screen ??
(and yes - I am using the latest version of itunes)

Please help !!!

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
If your phone is already @ 3.1.2 use blackra1n to jailbreak and blacksn0w to unlock. from blackweather

and follow the tutorial here pwnage tool is if you were on a lower firmware
If your phone is already @ 3.1.2 use blackra1n to jailbreak and blacksn0w to unlock. from blackweather

and follow the tutorial here. pwnage tool is if you were on a lower firmware

gizmo_420

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
When I bought my 3gs it came with firmware 3.1 and I updated to 3.1.2. The 4th and 5th digits of the serial number are 41.....is there a jailbreak out yet that I can use? I'm sick of paying for apps or just using "lite" versions. Can someone please help me?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking is about using applications that use functionality that Apple doesn't expose, it's NOT about not PAYING for applications. We don't talk about nor support any forms of piracy here and attemping to do so will get you banned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods