Blackra1n RC2 is out.

Dealwagon

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Copied and pasted in from blackra1n.com

blackra1n

Go to blackra1n.com If you enjoy, please donate. If I catch anyone selling this, I'll sic my lawyers on you faster than it takes to jailbreak. Also please no hotlinking, link to blackra1n.com

** Update -- RC2 is out **
Fixed 3G issues
Tethered jailbreak for 3.1 OOTB ipt 8GB and new 3GSes
Fixed Icy issues
Both Windows and Mac
If you used RC1 with success, no need to rerun

Please donate, I had to go out and buy a new iPod, and you all know how much I abhor fixing bugs and incremental releases. A nice spike in the donations will let me know I did the right thing.

Reactions: BENGRIMM

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site

If I rerun anyway will that hurt my phone? blackra1n worked perfectly for me the first time. Started with Rock and I wanted to use cydia but I encountered an error with cydia so i'm trying to uninstall it but I can't. I was thinking of "making it ra1n" again to see if that would help.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Copied and pasted in from blackra1n.com

blackra1n

Go to blackra1n.com If you enjoy, please donate. If I catch anyone selling this, I'll sic my lawyers on you faster than it takes to jailbreak. Also please no hotlinking, link to blackra1n.com

** Update -- RC2 is out **
Fixed 3G issues
Tethered jailbreak for 3.1 OOTB ipt 8GB and new 3GSes
Fixed Icy issues
Both Windows and Mac

Please donate, I had to go out and buy a new iPod, and you all know how much I abhor fixing bugs and incremental releases. A nice spike in the donations will let me know I did the right thing.

i have no issues with RC1 yet so i will wait...thanks:cool:

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I ran R2 but still have an issue , cant get winterboard to run right .

i downloaded RC2 last night (i assume it's RC2) and re-JB my phone. i too was having Winterboard issues with RC1. so i decided to bite the bullet and restore AS NEW then re-JB with blackra1n RC2. everything is working perfectly now. as much as i hate restores, they just work. hope it helps you bengrimm

Reactions: BENGRIMM

sproctor61

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Any evidence this release is working on the new bootroms?

I have a new 3GS I purchased when they first came out. I have updated my phone via iTunes every patch. I just downloaded Blackra1n and tried it. I now have Cydia and PDANet on my phone and all works well! So, looks like this works fine with a updated 3.1 phone.

Thank you very much Developers!!!

fakeenigma

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
so as long as you've got one of the old bootroms (old stocked) iphones, even if yuo purchased it recently, and updated it to 3.1.2, it will still work on a 3GS?
i'm undecided if i should jb or not.. or the risk of it messing up...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Correct. I'm unsure when Apple went to the new boot rom, there was some thread here that mentioned specific numbers to look for if you were buying a new 3GS. The 3GS that you bought back when the 3GS first came out ( think between June and September, any 3GS from October should be "suspect" ) will be fine to jailbreak.

Why are you considering jailbreaking to begin with?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
risk of messing up what? JB is pretty simple and you just have to use the method to acheive the results you need. If you don't care about Unlock then there are so many available ways, if you do care about Unlock then JB your 3.0 and get a 3.1 or 3.1.2 custome firmware made with pwnage tool. You preserve your unlock and are JB on the newest firmware. If you don't like it then restore and the JB is gone. I see your point if you JB and then want to get rid of it while preserving your unlock. There may be a way but I don't know so I can't comment on that.

fakeenigma

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
well, i was just concerned about getting my iphone to the state where i would have to use itunes to restore it, as i tried to find out what bootrom it was and i read a guild that said DUF mode or something, but i wouldnt restart and i had to restore it, that kinda freaked me out (and annoyed me as i didnt find out what bootrom version it was).
i am currently on O2, and pay as you go. i have unlimited texts, i guess the only reason to unlock and change networks is that O2 doesnt have good 3G coverage. but i can wait for a new tool for the new bootrom (whenever that is).
but my flatmate has a jailbroken 3G, and he swears by it. i guess unless i've explored an unjailbroken iphone, i cant commenet on if i would like it or not.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a new 3GS I purchased when they first came out. I have updated my phone via iTunes every patch. I just downloaded Blackra1n and tried it. I now have Cydia and PDANet on my phone and all works well! So, looks like this works fine with a updated 3.1 phone.

Thank you very much Developers!!!

if you bought your phone the first day you dont have the latest boot rom .

I dontbelieve the R2 will work since Geohot probaly didnt rush right out and get the newest Iphone and make sure that Blackra1n would work .

But now on to my stuff jglowe74 , I restored last night and now spring board and every app works 100% . I was a little hesitant to restore because I SSH'd into my phone and didnt want to do it again . But it all went very smooth .

GEOHOT is a GOD

rajeevs

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I jailbreaked my iPhone (3.1)with blackra1n RC3. everything is working fine but some time i get stuck on reboot of the device. The apple sign at reboot will not disappear but still i have access to the device through the ssh. Why i am getting this sort of problem. Can anyone help me on the issue.

fakeenigma

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
hello,
i jailbreaked with blackra1n RC2, and first time i didnt see any changes, no blackra1n icon on the screen, so i did it again, and hey presto, i got it.
i got cydia and on advice from my flatmate, i installed backgrounder and winterboard (i also got lockcalendar as well). it hung for a while when i was trying to do backrounder and winterboard (i had to restart the iphone, and leave it plugged into itunes for a while, cos it was on the apple logo for so long)
but i seem to have a problem with my internet now.
everytime i try and access the 3G, i keep getting a message "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network" and that i am not subscribed.
i'm with Pay as you go with O2, and i can still send text messages.
is one of the applications messing with my data network? there's not much point in having an iphone if you cant access internet, may as well get a itouch.
any advice?
as i cant remove backgrounder or winterboard, or even lock calander...
should i restore my iphone to preblackra1n, and then jailbreak it, and not install winterboard and backgrounder?
the i fould lockcalander to be the most benficial of the applications i have come across.
any advice on how to get my internet working would be great (btw.. the settings for internet havent changed, they are still the same)
thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2