blackra1n void question?

BenjiKoolies

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Does blackra1n void iPod Touches or iPhones? I currently have and iPod Touch 2nd Generation with 3.1.2 firmware and a Mac computer with the official blackra1n.app (mac version) and saw the Instructions and it looks like all you are doing is putting an app which installs other types of App Stores. I want to know if it voids my warranty because otherwise i would have to wait till my warranty runs out (9 more months from now/october).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It does void your warranty, but you can restore to factory prior to taking to Apple if need be. Besides, if you have a problem, the first thing Apple is going to suggest you do is restore to factory.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't really say it voids your warranty because its not like some opening up the phone and breaking a seal. If you restore the phone no one will know, I've even taken my iPhone to the Apple store JBen and asked about dust under the screen. The Apple rep said take it home, restore it and bring it back and we'll replace it for you then. So it's like a hazy inbetween.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i agree with Ipheuria but what if your iphone were bricked or somehow locked in a position to where you couldn't do a restore and a rep somehow fixed it and you were still in a JB status.
....i wonder what they would do?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well here is the thing you bought the phone so it's not like they could take it away. So if they did fix it you could just take it home and restore it then go back another day. There's too many possibilities you could say you lent it to your brother and got it back bricked there's just too many excuses.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2