Afraid to update the new version of "Five Column Springboard".

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey;

This morning on Cydia, I see that there's an update for "Five Column Springboard". However, it says specifically that "the packaging has been changed to prevent installation on 3.1+, where it cannot be uninstalled".

I am running 3.1.2. I don't want to lose five column springboard. Can anyone confirm that it is safe to download and update on 3.1.2 without losing the ability to use it?

(I don't care about losing my ability to uninstall it, it's a crucial part to my themes, and I don't want to lose
my ability to use it)

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I tried it and it won't even update anyhow. I tried it both in Cydia and Rock. Not sure what this update is all about.

weberm13

Aug 19, 2009
t3kd.com
Your're right, I cant update either. Rock just says it failed. Oh-well. the one that I have now is perfectly fine w/o upgrading to anything else

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Flying, yes, but what's the point of releasing an 'upgrade' that suddenly disallows you to use somethingthat works perfectly fine as it is?

I don't mind difficulty, I mind UNNECESSARY difficulty. *chuckle*

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
I would guess that you're unable to uninstall the copy you have and this update just keeps it from being installed in the first place if you don't already have it, since you can't uninstall it. Sounds like it's an update that only affects potential new users of the app.

Glad I already have it installed. Not being able to uninstall it doesn't bother me in the least.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i got the error message trying to install also. says requires 3.0.1. too bad.

but i found an alternative. i installed FiveIRows. works fine. i prefer the look of Five-Column SpringBoard, but this will work nicely until it updates.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
hahahahaha yea i was about to start a thread on this....i tried about 10 times and it wont let me, some error keeps poppin up, i tried on Rock and Cydia....oh well,

Louuu Diamondz

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Same here. It's annoying seeing the 1 above up the icon when you can't even get rid of it. Hope they fix it soon. I actually just downloaded rock to, and now I have a 1 on top of that icon as well. 5 column update on Rock as well didn't work. I'm thinking maybe uninstall the 5 column feature, then reinstall it ? what do you think?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i got the error message trying to install also. says requires 3.0.1. too bad.

but i found an alternative. i installed FiveIRows. works fine. i prefer the look of Five-Column SpringBoard, but this will work nicely until it updates.

quoting myself = lame.

anyway, i have since uninstalled FiveIRows. i crashed twice yesterday and went into safe mode. figured it was this app. i'll wait for Five-Column to get updated then try it again.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
All is well now! A new update came out today. I installed it and everything is fine!! Sooo glad to get rid of that red 1!!!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
ok so after i updated the 5-column SB...i went to delete an app i got from the app store and when i held down on it, none of my apps were wiggling...so i reboot my phone and the problem went away...just in case anyone else has this issue ;-)

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
That has always been a problem for me since jb. Sometimes they wiggle sometimes they don't. Not a big deal though. I don't think the two are related.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner